Henry Big Boy .44 Mag

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Aug 9, 2007.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    ive wanted a Henry Big Boy in .44 mag. since i saw one in a magizine a few years ago but never thought about getting one since they are pricey and i would only use it to target shoot. but now since in indiana you can use a rifle firing a handgun cartridge im thinking about buying one. does anyone have any reviews on The Henry Big Boy .44 Mag.? Also, would this be good enough to use on a hog since im going on a hog hunting trip in the near future? thanks for any info.

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Yes it can be used to kill a hog. Newton also wants one. And they are pricy.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Boy they are nice. I used to really want one but again they are pricy. I, instead bought a .454/.45 Colt lever action made by Rossi. I'll warn you: Don't Waste Your Time. The rifle had major issues, in fact it was the whole gun and calibur. After sending it back to the company twice the gun store we bought it at finally told us that whole line was a lemon and they stopped making them. There was something about the calibur that lead to a problem. (I'm a huge .454 fan. that's why I decided to get the rifle)

4. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    this is a great gun my dad had a 44 ruger rifle when i was young and we killed a lot of deer with it . i have been on the look out for another one for the last couple of years myself....good luck and shoot straight:big_smile:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Jayson check out the Marlin 1894 carbines in 44. They are rock solid. They also make em in 357, and a newer model in 41, 44. They are pricey too. But Marlin's been in business a lot longer.