Henry and Wayne County Fishing reports... brought to you by Rudy81

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rudy81, Apr 6, 2006.

1. rudy81

rudy81 New Member

State:
    Rogers,Arkansas
    Well I thought i would share with you all a log of sorts... mainly just my own adventures with fishing in Henry and wayne county. At any time any one wants to join me please let me know. I have a few sweet spots.

Well in henry county at Summit lake the whisker fish were a little slow after that crazy storm. Blue gill and Crappie were burning it up!!!!!! every cast.

How ever.... Wayne county at Martindale state fishing area I could not find a fish to save my life. I caught one little b*** reeling in my line. then decided to start moving around the pond..... moved and caught a couple little blue gills using bee moths(wax worms... whatever). then it got to be about 6 oclock in the evening. I had made my way around to the back side of the lake and just caught a blue gill. I threw out under this tree and my bobber just took off!!! I mean like a rocket. i set the hook and felt a good size something for about 2 seconds then my bobber flew back at me! well i was using a small hook and a bee moth. i was thinking it was the next state record crappie. i threw back in that spot again and BAM!!!! my bobber was off to the races again.... this time i got a good set and it was a catfish. I was like ok what ever i caught a retarded catfish... (never caught one on a bee moth before.) so then i threw out again... 20 seconds later...BAM!!!! another catfish. by this time i was like ok i see a pattern here. i grab the trustee ugly stick and abu.... threw out in the little spot the size of a table top with a little trustee shrimp on the 3/0 circle hook...... I limited out in 45 minutes and threw just as many back in while only keeping the nicer ones. 2 times i had one on a bee moth and one on a shrimp and had to put one reel under my arm reel in and throw the fish up the bank grab the other pole under my arm that had a fish hooked on it and reel it in... I decided after doing that 2 times in a row to only fish with one pole.

Well that concludes this weeks episode of Henry and wayne county fishing reports brought to you by Rudy81. Tune in next week..... same whisker huntin' time same whisker huntin' channel :)

2. rudy81

rudy81 New Member

State:
    Rogers,Arkansas
    Welcome back to this weeks installment of Henry and Wayne County Fishing reports... brought to you by Rudy81.

Well we travel back to Martindale state fishing area on friday. Thats right friday. The storm rolled in and left just as fast. well since i was already on my way i decided what the heck lets try. I get there to see blue skies once again but dark clouds on the horizon. Well i hurry to the honey hole and it isnt long till they start running lines. Granted it was not as good as last weeks fishing but still good. The bite was consistant! I totalled out at 7 over 16 inches. The blue gill were not hitting at all. I think the thunder my have scared the little bugers.

Saturday was followed by a big goose egg for cats. The areas fished were in wayne county around Fountian city (private ponds) and Economy (farm pond known for some nice 24+ inchers) the only bitting going on was me to my PB&J sandwhich.

Sunday however was a different story. Things were really picking up. I found my self jigging for crappie and blue gils. You know some good ole fillets. well i caught several nice crappie and some lil slab blue gills. Then things got real crazy. by crazy i mean retarded fish strike again. There i was in this lil bass tracker type boat. anchored over a brush top jiggin. when all the sudden my cat rod doubles over. I knew for sure i hooked the fresh water version of moby dick! I lifted the ugly stick ever so slightly to ensure a good hook up with my circle hook and the fight was on. I had drag running off and pole looked like a horse shoe. Bout that time this huge B*** jumps out of the water and it was attached to my line. I could not believe it. I have been fishin with shrimp for channels and blues for some time now and other than the occasional turtle never really had anything else bother it. Well i land this 6+ lb B*** and shook my head in disbelief. This joker had slammed that shrimp and darn near got a bad hook in his gullet. Manged to hook him in the top of his throat kinda pointing toward his brain. if that was not enough to make me wonder what the heck. I mean my circles always find the corner of a mouth. I guess this fat ole B*** was just starved to near death. But by looking at him you could tell he had not missed many meals!! Had one more big run on my cat pole but finished up with a 0 on the whisker hunters board. All i had to show for the day was a sunburn and some good ole crappie fillets.

Thank you for reading this weeks installment of Henry and Wayne County Fishing reports... brought to you by Rudy81. Tune in next week as i go out to tackle some of Henry counties little known secret honey holes. Summit lake and Province Pond. May even get to sneak in a trip to Richmond Indiana's Best kept secret.... Middlesfork Reservoir.

See ya next week..... same whisker huntin' time same whisker huntin' channel :)