Hendricks Engines

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Gordhawk, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The engines in all of the Hendricks cars are being changed before tomorrow's "Duel 150"s" due to a lifter problem. This means that the 4 Hendricks cars will have to go to the back of the field to start the races. The problem was discovered in Jr's engine so they decided to just go ahead and change all of the engines. Sounds like they may have gotten a bad batch of lifters.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Or tried to get away with something and it didnt work:wink:

3. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Everyone cries when hendricks puts there cars in the top. But it is ok for everyone else to win. I think it is all in how hard you work in the off season.

4. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    why is it when ever something goes wrong with the hendricks batch of cars everyone automatically assumes that they've done something to make them better?

5. mfclark

mfclark Member

State:
    Texas
    Get ready boys and girls TOYOTA is coming.
    Just a matter of time.

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Could be because of his past dealings in the automotive dealerships. He's not known to be the most honest person in that industry.

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    most of the people that complain about hendrick motor sports are sore losers. yes, losers. hendrick has a good organization and wins a lot. i am not sure i want JR. to win at hendrick. his loser fans do not deserve the opportunity he has been given.

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    no biggie...they will overcome that little hiccup:big_smile:

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Or tried to get away with something and it didnt work

Diane,I think he was trying to insinuate that Hendricks was cheating. Some people just can't stand a winner. BTW,the yotas are having lifter problems too,so does that make them cheaters?

10. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So, Rick Hendricks is not a very honest man? You are the first person that I have heard say something bad about that man. I assume you know him pretty well,and maybe have had some dealings with him. I've never heard anything but good things about the man.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It dosent matter weather they cheated or got a bunch of bad lifters.They have found the problum and will have it fixed by the time they need to race. I look for a strong showing by the Hendrick teams. smokey

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If the shootout was any indication,I think that the Hendricks cars will be more dominant this year than they ever have been. Time will tell,but all 4 of them looked really stout Saturday night in the Bud Shootout.

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think he is an alright fella but he has had his moments.
    If you'll remember Hendricks was neck deep in an auto dealership illegal activity which involved him getting more Hondas then his allotment. He was paying off Honda execs or buying them things like houses.
    He was getting the Hondas that the small dealerships were supposed to be getting.
    He wasnt in it alone. There were other dealership owners and Honda employees that were involved. Some got prison terms and fines. Hendrick didnt get prison time because he was battling Leukemia. He got 1 year house arrest and fines.
    He plead guilty to a lesser charge of mail fraud.

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nah i dont think they are cheating. Go smoke!!!!

15. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    You guys haven't spent enough time around this industry, I can tell. And some of you Hendricks fans are awful thin skinned.

Look, they are ALL cheating. Trust me. Some more than others but if there is a 100% legal car in the entire field, it will be headed home this evening around dark. In racing, pushing the rules is part of the game- it just is. when I was helping Scott Weaver with his Nascar Goody's Dash car, we spent a month working bondo to get it just right. If they ever checked it too close they'd have found it but we met every templet they had. We got a call from DEI about a week before we left for Daytona. They just wanted to say thank you for the work Scott had done for them in the off season, and we've got a carburetor you need to take Daytona with you. We don't know what they did but son!!! that motor was bad when we bolted it on.

But folks, really, don't think that your driver is right and the rest are a bunch of cheaters. They're all cheating a little. the only times they get caught are when they stick their necks out just a little too far. It's part of the game.

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    they will overcome this problem and do ok

17. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i cant say for sure if there cheating or not but if you go off the past history then we dont have to say any thing eles

go smoke

18. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    We all suspect that thay have engine problems from what we have been told....Just food for thought where is the best place to race Daytona until the end. IMO all the way in the back or all the way in front. Hendrick now has all his cars in the back to aviod the "big crash" has drafting partners all lined up. So maybe he does have engine problems but maybe he don't. Just a my thoughts never said they were good thoughts

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Actually the problem seems to be that they got a bad batch of coating that goes on the lifters.Those high RPM engines have to coat the lifters and the crank usually with hard chrome or something similiar.This decreases friction and wear of those critical parts which increases horsepower.Hard chrome has been around a long time and I'm not saying for sure that is the coating they are having problems with.They arent the only ones as toyota is having similiar problems.The coating company may have had a problem with a particular batch as proper preparation of the parts is vital to ensure the coating sticks.Hard Chrome,Titanium Nitride and other coatings have wide application in the firearms industry also.So I dont think anybody is cheating,although I AM sure all teams are pushing the envelope to the max,hoping they pass inspection.:smile2::wink:I dont think replacing the engines for the Twins causes you to go to the back of the 500 pack but I could be wrong.You will go to the back of the 150s.:smile2:

20. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I really hate to bust your bubble about Hendrick, but you must live in a vacume if you didn't know about this.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a4ac4112ecc.htm

I especially like the part about him being a registered Republican, and being pardoned by Clinton.:smile2: Pardoning is forgiving, it does not remove the guilty verdict.

In reality, I don't give a damn what he does:wink: