Henderson Lake

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Katfishing Cajun, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've bass, bream and sac-lait(crappie) fish Henderson for 20+ years and I don't ever remember anyone catching a Flathead catfish. Does anyone know if they have any in Henderson? I know there's blues and channels.Thanks:0a31:

2. Rogue

Rogue New Member

State:
    US Louisiana
    Shane answer is yes many of cat , try the north flats or by the locks along the levee if you go into Magees landing that big blue on the wall was caught there .Alot of people fish by the pontoon bridge but its pretty much fished out .any stump field in Bigeaux or north flats .We caught many in henderson but now prefer marsh around Vermillion bay .Saw people yesterday taking alot of cats at the Game Wardens Camp out at Redfish point including the 17 eaters we caught .There are fresh water cats out there int the Brackish water.Also in Henderson along I-10 Bridge

3. basinmaster

basinmaster New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I find it hard to believe that there are none in Henderson althought I have never caught any. I have caught many in the Atchafalaya river and in the surounding swamp which supplys water to Henderson so I suspect there are some in there.
    Go try and let us know how you do....:wink:

4. Katfishing Cajun

State:
    Louisiana
    Craig, it won't be anytime soon. I have never even heard of any even being caught. But if there are any I'd have to put my money on north Fordoche bayou. Thanks for the response Craig.:cool2:

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    If yall don't mind could yall give me some pointers on catfishing Henderson? I've got a little boat and went a few times but to no avail..I really want to get into some nice blues/channels with size (or even some nice little eaters), but I have no clue where to start. I've gone 3-4 times, fished around the Philip Canal/borrow pits just north of the westside of I-10.

6. Katfishing Cajun

State:
    Louisiana
    Stu try north bigeux where fordoche bayou comes in you should be able to find a few around that area. Also fordoche bayou itself should hold some nice cats. There's quite a few miles to explore. If you do get out let us know how you do. My back problem has me grounded at the present time. Good luck brother!