henderson kingkat tourney

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Apr 25, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    any of the gateway guys go to henderson ky. to fish the kingkat tourney this weekend.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    there were a few there.. dont remember who did what but it was tough fishin!!!

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i talked to jerry ( the guy i fished with last yr, ) he was there, he said they got 5th or 6th. they had a 52 # fatty yesterday but no big fish today. he said that they put alot of fish in the boat today and had there limit by 8am. cant remember the total but i think he said they had 91 pounds

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Jerry did well the day before the tourney and the day of the tourney got to talk to him a little bit, it was tough fishing. We had been doing well all week and then the day of the tourney we got a few dinks and alot of misses. Tough fishing and lots of wind.

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cuz and I were there, I can say it one one big NUTROLL.:confused2: Pretty much everything that could've went wrong for us, did. Lost castnet, someone backing into my boat trailer, ect, ect....Ill let Cuz fill yall in. We did weigh in 3 fish for 20 lbs. You could call miserable conditions and understatement. When you don't feel safe in a 24ft SeaArk, somethings wrong! LOL. Surpisingly, there were alot more boats weighing fish than I figured there would be for such tough conditions. I think 1st place was around 120 lbs, which is kinda light for Henderson from my experience. On another note, It was nice seeing some old faces again, Jerry, Michael Jake, Kirk, and others.:wink:

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    were were you hiding grumper?? i seen cuz every time i trurned around but i never did see you...

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Nutrolls are weird. They suck at first, especially when you are in the middle of one. But if you think about it, when you are with your boys telling stories, reminiscing -- it often goes into discussion of "nutrolls" past.

So in time, all i can say is that they get better. Appreciate them...:wink: Of course, I might be rationalizing my lack of catching fish, so it may not be so pertinent to you fellers that actually have fish catching stories. :roll_eyes:

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Adam, I wasn't there in the morning, but I was right behind Cuz at the weigh in. I did pull the truck up and park it after we weighed our fish though. I didn't see you either, otherwised I would have said hi.:wink:

9. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    gary did you and cuz make the top 20. are you guys comming to new madrid in two weeks.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Russ, I have no clue what place we finished in, we didn't think we made the cut, so we pretty much hit the road. 2 hours of sleep in the cab of the truck had us fatigued for sure, and we were ready to get home and get some rest.:eek:oooh: I don't think Im gonna fish the New Madrid. Cuz is running a tournament at the boat club, he's the activity director, so I don't think he is gonna get out of that one.:confused2: Looks like I may be headed down your way this weekend to prefish with a buddy who is fishing it though. I might look you up later in the week!:wink:

11. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    What tourny is at the boat club? Are we missing something here.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    It's their spring party basically. It's a members tourney and BBQ.:wink:

13. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    thanks just wanted to make sure we weren't missing something.

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well I am a member, can you fill me in on a few details?????

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    If anyone need a partner for this here event give me a shout

16. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Skip, it's a 6hr tournament, runs from 9am till 3pm. You can have up to 3 people in the boat, and it's 30 bucks per boat. A BBQ will follow. :wink:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It was in the newsletter they sent out. "On Saturday, May 9, 2009, we will be having our first Spring Fling with an amateur catfish tournament at the club grounds. The catfish tournament is for members only and their guests. It will be held no matter what the weather or river conditions are. Immediately following the end of the catfish tournament at 3:00 PM we will be holding a cook out at our new club house."

If you didn't get the newsletter or can't find it and want to enter, let me know & I'll send the rules info & such to ya.

18. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't think I got a newsletter...... took me forever and several phone calls to get my 2009 sticker!:confused2:

I'll check my mail basket at home to see if the wife hid it on me.

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    That sounds like a good time

20. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Finally a tournament that doesn't last for 18 hours:cool2: