Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I live in Ontario Canada, about 15 minutes from Buffalo, NY.

We do have lots of catfish here but they are all channel cats. I have caught them up to about 12 lbs.

I am new to catfishing and totally addicted.

I was wondering if anyone here has any interest in taking a newbie out for flatheads or blues.

Shore fishing or boat I don't care. Night or day doesn't matter. I am not after anyones spot or anything like that. Just want to try and catch something over 20lbs.

I am willing to drive 4-5 hours to meet someone and I will not need a place to stay or anything. Just wondering if someone will teach me how to fish for flatheads or blues.

For equipment I have: BPS catmaxx MH 7'6" with 50lb powerpro
: 7' ml uglystick with abu garcia 6600 30lb power pro
: all kinds of terminal tackle

I am not looking for anything except experience.

I know alot of people will not be interested in this and that is O.K.

Just thought I would ask.

maka

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Too bad you're so far from Kansas City or I'd be glad to take you out on the Missouri River. Some nice fish come out of that stretch and 20# blues and flats are pretty common. Good luck, I'm sure somebody up that way will be able to help you out!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hey Maka,
I am from the Carolinas originally but was living in Mississauga for about 2.5 yrs. Took a transfer up north for a while. Are you near St Catherines?
We used to go visit Niagara on the lake and other touristy crap while there.
I fly into Buffalo some when coming up north as it is cheaper to fly to Buffalo and drive up to TO instead of flying into TO directly.
I have been back in the Carolinas for two years but have friends back in Ontario. I was working too much and only fished the cawarthas and Algonquin park.I didnt have a boat while up there.
I am a devoted Catfisherman and just bought my boat since getting back. I am not a proffessional and know only what I learned on my own.
Email me anytime, eh!
Have a double-double at Timmies for me. I have never gotten over Tim Hortons withdrawal. Not available here.
Later,
Lindsay

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the brotherhood form down in Dixie (SC) If U are ever down this way look me up and we will cast upon the water.
PEEDEE CAT

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
ya brother we dont have blues in my area native. only stocked in a few lakes. and flats though are. but im way to far for a 5 hr drive. maybe 9-10,lol. check the state area for newyork. we surley have members from the upper east coast. that might be able to help ya with some close members. welcoma aboard. and welcome to catfish fever.:wink:

heres a link to the state talk for newyork

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233

pensylvania

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131

new jersey
http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

look in the states section for others. there are members from all 50 ide bet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.