Helpful Tips For Fishing The GMR or Surounding Areas

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kenczar, Sep 26, 2006.

1. kenczar

kenczar New Member

State:
    Middletown, Ohio
    Looking for any tips for a Novice Catfisherman......I'm looking to fish the GMR or areas around the dayton, Middletown,or cinci area....also Any tips on where to fish the Ohio River....(tackle)(bait)(ect....)....also any boat ramps to some Good fishing spots....So if anyone wants to be nice and help a Novice Catfisherman Please Reply

THANKS, Ken Czar.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO

Welcome to the BOC brother, we have alot of members on here from Ohio. Many members from that area also.

I am sure Dink and Nightprowler will be chiming in soon.

The BOC will offer help freely brother, glad you have joined us.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Welcome Aboard!!

Keep asking questions and go to the "Libary" and also under "Ohio" and read most of what has ben posted in the past plz.

I'm up here in Akron, OH and it does help others help you when you have your city listed in your profile.

:big_smile:

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC ken , you can learn everything you need to know about catfishing here

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    with it being as late in the year as it is look for the deepest areas in a given stretch of river, they usually follow a large riffle or sharp bends in the river. for channels you cant go wrong with cut bait right now, forget about the livers and crawlers stick with some kind of cut fish or even shrimp. for flatties any live fish will work, night now the BIGGER the better! doubt you'll find anyone who fishes the GMR posting hot-spots, good spots are very hard to come by.

6. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey Ken welcome to the B.O.C.

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Dink, you only say that because you have actually found a "Good Spot" on the GMR, you would think with 70 miles of it, there would be more then 1 good spot, but maybe not.......:eek:oooh:

Best advice, is to canoe down about 5 miles from a bridge and find a hidden sandbar and fish it hard, at dark with no lights,when your done, rake it and then put all the trash back so it looks like you were never there. GMR landowners are mighty protective of there shorelines! ( Right Mike? and Mike?)

Salmonid

8. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    ROFLMAO. Dude did you put a gps unit on our canoe.lol.Oh yeah you forgot the flashlight with the red lense and camoflauge clothing.:lol:

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HEY NOW THIS IS NO JOKE!......found out this year through a landowner who lets us fish on his property down on the southern GMR that there are actually 2 landowners on the opposite side of the river who have their land BOOBY TRAPPED for tresspassers! im not going to say what they do but its pretty disturbing to think someone would do such things to their fellow man, those folks down that way are fanatical when it comes to their land!

10. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    Hey Little Brother
    I told you this is a great site!
    You will never find a more friendlier or knowledgeable group of people. They have always answered any of my questions. I can't even begin to tell you all they have taught me