HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bnewsom71, Aug 15, 2008.

1. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Is there anyone in the Muscatine or Quad City areas that like to chase flatheads? I am sick of going by myself on the bank! I have a boat, but it is too difficult to fish with it by yourself in and around the holes when there is current. COME ON!!!!!! LETS FISH! :big_smile:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a great offer. I am sure you will be getting some PMs soon!!

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Man, I hope your right! I have been debating all day now on how I am going to get out on the water at night or daytime this weekend by myself. And I am having a hard time figuring out how to get anchored up above those snags safely by myself and I don't think there is a safe way. And I have got a couple places that should be really good for flatheads.
    My family that fishes thinks I am nuts for just wanting to sit there all night and hope to catch the biguns! So I can't even begin to convince them to go. Just sucks! lol

4. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Hey i go alone all the time. I fish tournaments alone sometimes also. When you fish above the snags just get up far enough that you can throw out your anchor and if it doesnt catch on anything be ready to move upriver and try it again.If it hooks up to soon and your too far above the the snag then let out enough rope to move down stream a little. But if you dont feel its safe then yes i wouldnt go alone either!!!

Also putting your boat in the water alone isnt too bad. Just tie a rope to your boat and tie it off to the dock or trailer and you will figure things out. :)

Then again, hopefully you find someone to go with you. Much easier and sometimes more fun. :big_smile:

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I usually end up fishing by myself in the boat, but it is much safer and you can get in the snags a lot easier. And not to mention the conversation gets a whole lot better when it is not me talking to me. It would also cut down on the wierd looks form passerbys watching me carry on a conversation with myself! LOL