help

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by daniel green, Aug 11, 2008.

1. daniel green

daniel green New Member

State:
    kentucky
    would like to take with someone that fish the dams in west ky. we fish them now but have little to show for it and at the same time others are pulling in boat loads, just like to know what i am doing wrong. thanks for any help

2. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    First thing, welcome to the BOC!

I haven't fished the dams in a while. But I used to, and I always did purdy good from the bank using skipjack. What have you tried? Boat or bank?

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dan, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. What kind of set up are you using now? Most catfisherman will readily help you out if you will ask the ones you see catching what they are doing different.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc, you have taken the first step! I don't fish damns too much, but I can tell you that people drifting the deep pool have great success, also the tailraces on the other side are a hot drifting location

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Which Dam ? Cut skipjacks or shad I bank fish don't have a boat down that way . If they are generating power it helps . BE CAREFUL if in a boat close to the boils .