Help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by great pappy cat, May 11, 2008.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I went fishing last night and took some pics.I went to load them into my puter this morning and it wouldnt work?? After multiple attempts I put the card back in my camera and Im getting a memory card error?? It wont even take a pic??I caught some nice fish I hate to think all that work was for nothing. Please can someone tell me how to resolve this??

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Make sure that your card is loaded correctly. If you have it in backwards or have forced it in you could damage your camera or your memory card. If you still can't get it to work you might try taking it to walmart and try it in their machine to get the pics out.

3. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    No the card isnt in backwards. I have done this a bunch of times before and never had any issues.I will try the wal mart machine as a last resort. thanks

4. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    Looks like the card needs cleaned. A different card works fine. How do you clean them??

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    very soft cloth and light alchohol

6. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    what kind of alchahol?

7. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    just rubbing alchohol. Put a little on a soft cloth and lightly clean the surfaces

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Check your card - some have a little white slider on them so you can "lock" them to prevent data addition and deleted. If it's locked, you'll get an error since it can't read or write to it.

9. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    Good suggestion but, no its not locked.I dont have any rubbing alchol, I'm off to the store to get some.Thanks for the help

10. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    HEY I HAD A ERROR ON MY CARD ALSO LAST MONTH. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GO TO WALMART AND HAVE THE DATA PRINTED BY THERE COMPUTERS THEN HAVE WHAT YOU WANT MADE THEN BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR CARD OUT OF THERE MACHINE BECAUSE IT WILL MESS IT UP SOMHOW AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO VIEW THOSE PICS AGAIN. GOOD LUCK AND TIGHT LINES

11. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    If the rubbing alchohol doesn't help then the card may have been so dirty that the pics may not have loaded onto it in the first place. Not a pleasant thought I know. but, still a possibility.

The walmart center doesn't mess the card up but will automatically erase the data from the card. But, it won't if your careful and read everything on the screen. There is a place that asks if you want the card to be erased or not.

12. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    are you using a card reader or just going through the camera? I you use a card reader and rename a file it will give you a file error. Most likely that is the case even if you used you camera and you did some resizing or renaming it will cause the file to be error because the camera only can see what it produces. I use a card reader.