HELP!!!???

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by rob128146, May 7, 2008.

1. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    WHATS UP GUYS? I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED TO CATFISH. HAVE DONE IT MY WHOLE LIFE BUT I HAVE DECIDED I WANT TO EXPLORE MORE OPTIONS. I HAVE ALWAYS FISHED MY POND AND OTHER LOCAL PONDS. I WANT TO CATCH BIG FISH NOW!! GOING TO THE LOCAL LAKES AND RIVERS (YADKIN, HIGH ROCK, TUCKERTOWN, AND BADIN) IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALLGAME. I CANT CATCH HARDLY ANYTHING. DONT KNOW WHERE TO LOOK AND HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHERE TO START TO ABTAIN INFO OR POINTERS THAT I NEED TO FIX MY PROBLEM. I KNOW SOME GUYS AROUND HERE AND CATCH AS MANY AS THEY WANT. I CANT DO IT AND IM REALLY GETTING AGGRIVATED. PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO.

2. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    What kind of bait are you using?When I go out I'm using cut and live gills

3. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    For starters.....Welcome to the BOC Rob. Always nice to have a new Catter around...... now as for cats.... ALWAYS use fresh caught baits....shad, perch, bream, crappie, bass, ect........fresh cut baits or live baits are what your gonna need to catch big fish.....as it was put to me by a fellow BOC member.......Big Bait, Big Hooks, Big Fish. Spend plenty of time in the library and you'll soon see that there's more knowledge on this one site than any one man can ever take in......I'm still learnin. Hope this helps you in some way!!

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    For Badin blues use fresh shad , herring or perch ,same for tillery ,for flats use the perch live on bottom or slip bobber them. Highrock flats at night use live perch ,goldfish or bluegill .:wink:CPR the big Blues !