Help!

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Catfish_Calvin, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Im sure you guys probably here this alot. I have an old fishfinder set up on my boat. One hooks up in front of my windshield and the other up by the trolling motor. I am wanting to upgrade. What im wanting is something good for the Mississippi river. I dont need GPS. I would like one with temperature reading. I need it to be able to disconnect so i can lock it up after im done fishing. Im willing to spend up 2 or 3 hundred bucks. What would you guys recommend? What all will i have to do to replace the old with the new? The old one is a Eagle.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What kinda eagle is it? I got a 320 and am happy with it. Not real expensive either.

3. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Im not sure what kind it is. My boat is a 93 monark and its probably that old. Im not needing color or anything. Just a depthfinder that will read the bottom real good and show me a good picture of the bottom. Last year was my first year of fishing catfish tournaments and i didnt use my depthfinder much because the only thing i could actually read off of it was depth. Id like something that shows a pretty good picture of the bottom structure. That would be VERY helpful!!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The eagle 320 or 420 maybe its a 480 will serve ya well and still be within your budget. Check out thier web site to see what ya think.