HELP!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Jan 23, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Got a new computer and i need to download the irfanview program. Where oh where can that baby be? LOL! THANX!

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry cant help. I thought you have needed a body part or somthing like that. smokey

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I dont remember where I downloaded it from BG. If you do a search for irfanview downloads theres a lot of them to choose from.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx Jack. Now wich one should I use? LOL!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You just need the first one, thats all I have!

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OK I down loaded it. When i open a pic it does'nt give me the same options it did before. It says preview instead of open like it used to. That is when I would go to image and then click on resize resample and do the sizein gig. Ya gotta understand that I'm dumber than a bag of hammers with this crap. LOL! Please be patient with me I'm a sensative person. LOL!

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    George, I just got a new pc to and it works for me? I click on open, then I double click the picture I want to work on then click image and resize it

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George may be dumber than a sack of hammers, but I am the sack they are carried in. I ain't sharp with this stuff either.

George I got that downloaded last week. However there were two things that came down the pipe. The infranview thing and something called Infranview Thumbnails. (Icon of a panda bear) Do I need that? I don't understand it.

Also I have adobe photoshop installed. It seems to do the same thing this Infranview outfit does. Do I need them both?

Figure it out from these guys George and let me know. John.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George they are just machines dont let them beat you up:wink:
    Ya gotsta be smarter then what your workin with....(lol)

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    George do a google search on it should take you to several places you can download it. But be careful dont download anything with spyware attached.

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Having never heard of Irfanview I used the link to check it out.
    George, are you aware that:
    IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
    One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
    The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.

Now, if I had any clue what the *&%^$# that means I'm sure I would be right impressed. You aren't the only one with "Bag Of Hammers Syndrome"...W

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Did the download and it was successfull. Its just not actin like it did on my old computer. I would download my pics and then do the followin. I would just clic on a pic that I wanted to resize for postin. The top option would be open. I would clic on it then clic image then resize resample. Then I would choose the desired size save it and answer yes to replacein the exhistin pic. All was well and the mission was accomplished. Now when I clic on the pic my option is preview not open. Therefore the choice of image resize resample is not available. Are yas with me or did I just make this worse? LOL! I'm still tryin to figure this out. This could take a pac of smokes and a bunch of 3 litre diet pepsis. LOL!

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I GOT IT! Each picture now has to be opened by usein the option OPEN WITH. I then open it with the irfanview program and am able to resize the pics.

Thanx to everyone for your inspiration and guideance. I could not have done it with out yas!

Just a couple of dumb a## pics to prove I dood it. LOL!

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    John. I would think not if they both do the same thing. I just stic with the irfanview cause it was what I was wheened on. LOL!

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George, what do those pics represent? You took 'em and resized them? Just what do you mean by test? Patience with me George, I ain't from the big city like you.

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Thats it exactly. The settin on my camera is on in such a way that it takes and stores a huge pic. After extractin em from the camera they ask for a name for the file you are puttin em in. I simply chose to call em test cause thats what they are. I guess I coulda called em crapola for that matter.

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations on your accomplishment George. I am proud of you. We all are. (no, really...we are) Is that the table that you sit and snell hooks at?

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So Big G. what kind of puter did you get?Does it have vista in it ? Give us some heads up buddy we dont want to make the same mistake you did:wink: OR NOT?......

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    So,
    Can we say you are one hammer short of a full sack...W