Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, if you cant tell im new to this site. Im trying to find the best way to keep my sinkers in one place without geting hung in really really rough!!!!!!!!! water like comeing out of a power plant please if you have advise i would be gratefull.

· Registered
439 Posts
Matthew, Welcome to the USCA Brotherhood. Best I advice I can give is to try no roll sinkers. Can be purchased through bass pro, cabelas, and you can also look with some of the sponsors to this site and get them as well. You will have to experiment with weight until you find the amount that best suits the current you are fishing.

I am sure others will throw out some more ideas, thats just what I use!

· Registered
3,130 Posts
I'm with the rest of the guys on the sinker choice. Definently love the no-roll sinkers. They're made to stay in place and not roll around on the bottom like egg sinkers and other varieties. You'll probably need to experiment on weight to find what is the best to keep your bait in the general area your fishing. Heck guys fishing the Mississippi use up to and over 20oz of lead just to keep the bait on the bottom!!

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Welcome Matt. Sorry I cant answer your question because I fish slow to no current lakes. Them rivers are a whole different beast.

You could also look in other states where all they do is fish heavy current rivers....but I'm sure a few folks here will help out some.

-Jim-

· Registered
287 Posts

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Really, in heavy tidal current, high water river current, or swift tail race current, three ounce no rolls won't stay put. I use six to eight ounce no rolls in extra heavy current. You'll just have to experiment with what works best with different current trends.
Bill in SC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.