Help.....

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Cateyes, May 20, 2009.

1. Cateyes

Cateyes New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well fellas, im just going to test my luck. :embarassed: I can't sit around any longer watching and listening to the stories and seeing the pictures of the monsters that are out there waiting. I can't get help from the vets:angry: but I also know that I wont catch any monsters sitting around waiting either. lol. So if anyone gets a chance, advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Whats up brother? What in particular are you wanting to know about? I will be glad to help if I can?

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    you know, nothing like someone saying help, but not saying what!!!!!!!!!!
    you gotta open mouth, and ask, my friend. only way to get answers.
    gary

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I just read every post you ever made and you havn't really asked any specific questions. You asked someone about the details of their personal trip but no questions about your personal situation. What do you feel you need to know? Most of the answers are already here on old posts but we don't mind when someone makes a post asking the basics. Ask away. Good luck on your trip anyways.

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well, couple of things, First off where do you live? Do you have a boat? What days can you fish on? do you have access to bait fish? I pin pointed a couple of excellent spots in one of my posts. But First off, let me explain something about shore fishing for Monster Cats, you REALLY have to know what you are doing, and know what Flatheads like. IE Cover, deeper holes with access to faster/shallower water. Many people will go throw a bluegill in the river and sit there all night to no avail, some get lucky and hit the once in a while lunker that is cruising the shoreline. If you want to consistently catch bigger Flatheads, you have to fish hard. As I stated earlier, one of my posts has several spots pin pointed for so awesome catfishing. This is one of my favorite places to catch monster Flatheads (yes i like it better than Rosey) BUT you must hike your balls off, cross the river, and wade in the water type of fishing, which ill be honest kicks your butt, cause you are fighting current all night. Very few will ever go to these extremes to fish, they want/like the pull your truck up to the river, drop tailgate, fish, and expect to catch Toads. That is why I had no problems posting where I fish at. Everyone is welcome to my holes on the Salt River, however it is hell getting through the brush, rocks, rattelsnakes, then crossing the river etc, while carrying all your gear, it aint easy. So find that post i posted, and go for it! Wish you the Best, and ill probably see you out there one night, with some nice ones!

6. Cateyes

Cateyes New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am in Central Phoenix and I do own about a 16 or 18ft boat. I know how to get to roosevelt, went all the time as a kid. But there is so much water to cover through the river and the lake that im tryin to figure out what spots to go to and areas to fish. I have the equipment and bait, just dont know where to put it for results. Its one thing to drop some bait in a large body of water and hope somethin comes by, lol its another to drop it in there faces to where they cant resist. But I am open on weekends to fish but can always make time through the week. Thanks fellas

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    why don't you come down and join us at blythe the weekend of june 6th.? http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101243 there are other threads on it on the az forum for river fishing. you'd love it. pick the brain of some guys that know the catfishing. enjoy the company of us all.
    gary

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, what he, Gary , said..:wink:

Also, If you're fishing the Salt end of Roosevelt,, you're in the right spot,,, or one of them,, throw your stuff, and , it'll happen..
    A friend of mine caught his FIRST Flatcat,, a 30#r, there a week ago,,then followed it up nicely with a 12#..

RcaArizona, has mentioned some sage counsel also,,,,:big_smile:

9. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    You can't start out putting it right in their face.. that takes years of experience. You need time on the water first off. Get out there and try it out. Then you will notice things and start to wonder about things and come back to us with specific questions. Hell, I honestly can't tell you what it is that made me start catching 25+ lb fish this year... kind of fishing about the same as last year. Maybe it's because I'm doing more overnight trips as opposed to the many short trips I made last year.. that's a possibility.