HELP!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by brianm360, Mar 26, 2009.

1. brianm360

brianm360 New Member

State:
    east peoria, Il.
    hello my name is brian. im new to BOC and am ready to learn! i have decided to try a catfish tourny on the river i live in east peoria and am looking for a detailed map for it from henry to havanna if anyone konws where i can find one please let me know, message me on here

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Wecome to the BOC ,wish i could help u but i don,t know anything about your aera but i,m sure someboby on here will help you

3. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Welcome to the BOC Brian, I can' t help either but rest assured someone should be on here soon with the info you need.

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Welcome to the Boc Brian I'm sure someone will be here with help soon.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome to the Boc Brian, have you tried looking at any of the maps from USCG, or USGS? (cost guard, or geological service, even Corps of engineers) may have some online for that particular stretch, would at least give you water depths and what not......

6. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
  7. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hello Brian, I,m new here too. Welcome!
    I live down river in Pike County. I fish the Illinois river alot, mostly between the laGrange lock all the way to the Mississippi. I have fished tournaments as far north as Pekin. From Havanna to Pekin the river is pretty strait & narrow and easy navagating. years ago I fished some between Peoria and Lacon and as I remember, it really widens out and there are several large lakes and oxbows all the way up through there. As far as maps, there are some available, but I don't know where they are available. You might check your local bait shops/ tackle dealers, they may have something or tell you where you can get one. Maybe a gps would help? Good luck. hope this helped.