Help with worms

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by joe0054, Sep 7, 2009.

1. joe0054

joe0054 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cant seem to remember the name of a chemical that my Uncle used to use to get worms, got it from a feed store and he mixed it with water and pored it on fresh worm mounds and in a no time the worms were crawling on the ground. Just had to pick them up. Anyone ever heard of this? Didn't seem to hurt the worms. Been 20 years cant remember chemical name.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I would think that just watering it down would do the trick. Worms come to the surface during a rain storm as a natural survival tactic. I would think that just simulating a rain storm would work. I also have heard of a people pounding a rebar post in the ground and then rubbing it with a metal rod like a violin.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    be interesting to find out , i do remember my uncles using something but i dont remember what it was

4. festus

festus New Member

A mild solution of warm water and dishwashing detergent poured on the ground in a likely spot will bring worms to the surface.

5. joe0054

joe0054 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Found it. its 1 Tbs of 1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene mixed with 5 gallons of water. pour some (saturate ground) on fresh worm mounds, pour on bunch of them and then go back to the first and pick up the worm off the ground.
    Thanks all
    Joe0054