Help with wil hogs in Georgia

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by r ward, Jan 18, 2009.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    For some reason I have been invaded by hogs digging up my yard what can I do about them I have some neighbors around so shooting them is not a possibility what can i do

2. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    Trap them or shoot them with a bow, if your not a bow hunter, invest in a crossbow. I wish I lived closer I would be more than glad to help!!! They make some darn good eating; sausage or roast or barbeque!!!
    Good luck on your hog problem, people say there a problem, but people here in texas see $$$$$!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep trapping or bowhunting them is an option and it's fun too. Not sure about GAs laws but if it's legal i'd be building a trap and filling up the deep freeze. :wink::cool2:

4. Racedaddy_14

Racedaddy_14 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Find a small hog trap and catch them varmints. Hogs are a problem here also and I catch loads of them for land and home owners. You could build your own trap if you have a 110 mig welder. You could make the frame out of old bed frames, that way your cost would be down on the material. Just make sure that the wire panels are not bigger then 4x4 squares or you would lose the small ones. Or you could just build you a corral out of fence panels with t-posts and you only have to make you door then. Or build a figure 6 trap out of fence panels and t-posts, they will push their way in. You can view different designs on several different sites, but a figure 6 would be the easiest if you don't have access to a welder.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry about that Neighbors ,,,,,,Man has to protect his property,,,,My guess the pigs are tearing up their yards also so they probably hate the pigs as bad as you do,,,,kinda like our deer in the suburbs here in Virginia.

I have a 300 whisper that shoots subsonic 30 caliber 240 grain Sierra Match Kings. Quiet as a 22 short and you can thread a needle at 100 yards, since I doubt you have access to one of those,,,I would shoot those rascals right in the ear with a 22 long rifle.

6. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey Paraguayguy I hope your not doing that with them deer in the suburbs here in Virginia. Feral hogs have little protection by law at least here in texas but them deer are different, you might lose that 300 whisper that shoots subsonic 30 caliber 240 grain Sierra Match Kings. :cool2:

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i posted this yesterday, but it didn't show... can you put a hotwire up? as long as there's a significant population of pigs around, just killing a few here and there will not fix your problem. we killed the heck out of them for a long time on the peanuts, and the population still increased. you might scare your resident herds off, but more will come back. i would try a double hotwire around the property.

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    What a shame, but fencing is the most effective method to keep the varmits out. I have a nine foot fence around my vegetables to keep the deer out. I hate ugly expensive fencing but I can't stand watch with a gun 24 / 7.