Help with trailer lights!

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbull, Aug 22, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Guys I dont know what is going on here, running lights work, but no brake lights, and no turn signals. If I turn the running lights on , they all light up, but no "brighter" brake lights, and no turn???

I have checked every ground on the trailer, grinded down to bare metal and replaced ground for ground screw. Even grinded down the surface that the tail lights attach to, checked every fuse in the trcuk, none blown? Any ideas please help!?

I know the bulbs are dual purpose bulbs just had to replace them, even swapped them with some bulbs from old trailer lights that I know worked..

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    have you checked to make sure u have power for the brake an turn sigals coming from the tow truck some of the newer ones have inline fuses in trailer pig tails .just a thought

3. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    first i would start with making sure you have power at the plug on the truck just like Jollymon said.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Getting ready to head out of town and didnt want this crap hanging over my head because the day I get back I am hooking the boat up and taking off towards the river...lol

I said screw it amd went and bought 2 new tail lights for the trailer and all is well. Those things must have had something screwy going on. Beware if you get the light kit from bass pro, had that thing a month and already had to replace it...

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The ONLY thing good at Bass Pro is their price, and it is not in the consumers favor.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Travis if i had just bought them a month or so ago i would take them back for a refund :wink: