help with the Ben. Harris. Bridge area...

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by thelastcast, Nov 15, 2008.

1. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anyone fish this area much?? I've got an online chart,but never been there in the boat. Looks like a potentially dangerous area if you wander out of the channel. (lots of shallows & wrecks ...:eek:oooh: -Just trying to get some info on where the best prospective areas are, so as not to kill a whole day with no idea where to start. thanks for any help. (i gotta get that card for my gps!!)

2. jaybeeyakker

jaybeeyakker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm relatively new to the area as well but have done well there by fishing on the edge of the flats along the channel in 15 to 25 feet of water.
    Be aware of the barge traffic and be ready to move if you are fishing in the channel. I get the impression that they will not go around you. I haven't ventured above the bridge too much but plan to explore it in the near future. All of the bait that we have caught in the gill net has been in the flats by the bridge.
    There are a lot of hazards as you are aware but a little common sense and restraint on how you operate your boat should get you through the day safely. Good luck. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask or PM me.