Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sucked up some junk in my jet the other day while fishing and the motor started dribbling water out of the "pee hole" instead of shooting it out. So now I have it back home and want to take off the jet unit to check and see if the water pump is clogged or whatever, but I can't get the unit off.

I removed the four big bolts like they said to do in this pictures.

and I when I try to pull it off, the front part comes down, but the back part doesn't. It acts like something is holding it on in the rear, but I don't see any other bolts.

Is it normally that hard or what? I'm just afraid that if I try to force it too hard, I might break something. :sad2:

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Put it back together.

Open the thermostat, and remove it. Leave the cover off and run the engine.

If you get a good flow of water through the opened thermostat housing, put it back together. If not, then you have a water pump problem.

If you've got a good flow, through the t-stat housing, and have put it back together, you can now run a wire up the pee-hole discharge or use compressed air to clear it.

Actually, clearing the pee-hole would be the first thing to try, but you seem to like taking things apart.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it didn't take long to take it this far apart. I was curious to see how hard it would be anyways and wanted to check the impeller also.

I took the housing off of the thermostat and there was a little bit of gravel in it so there probably is a good chance something got stuck in the hose like you said.

The water pump is only a few months old so hopefully it's just got something stuck in the hose.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense since the nozzle part is what wasn't wanting to come off. I looked over the area, but couldn't find any other bolts. Next time I will look closer.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gettin ready to go run a wire up the pee hole and hope that's all it is. If the weather holds off long enough, I'll go put it in the lake and run her around a spin. :wink:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was some little wood chips stuck in the pee hole. I'm pretty sure that's the problem, but I am gonna go put it in the water and be certain though.

I also found that other bolt you were talking about. There is a little cover you had to pop off to access it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.