help with monty? please

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nevets91, Jan 4, 2010.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i have never fished monty before but im thinking about goin there in the morning? can anyone tell me anything about it? where can i catch bait that is the thing im most worried about. also where is the best place to put in(and how the get there) and what do i need to look out for? ill be anchoring and drifting to see what i can pick up. any help would be great though. like i say bait is my number one worry so is there anywhere you can buy any close if it might be hard to catch some?

2. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    CAN YOU USE A CAST NET ON MONTY???

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Yes. I tried to net bait there the only time I have been and failed miserably. It is a deep lake. I am sure there are shallow spots that have baitfish but I couldn't find any on that day. I can't give you good directions, but its right off of 215. There are 2 ramps to my knowledge and the ramp that is at the top of the lake off of 99 I believe is the number, is the better of the two.

4. crappie capt.

crappie capt. New Member

State:
    Rock hill s.c.
    good to talk to you this evening.good luck tomorrow,stay warm.

5. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    yeah same here and thanks for the tips jimmy. the guys that are goin with me are all for tryin monty so looks like were gonna catch bait early like 6:30 at wateree so we can get to monty around 8. they are puttin gas in the truck im doin it. its gonna be plenty of riding but hopefully it will be worth it. maybe they will cooperate

6. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC