help with location of catfish table rock in may

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fish13, Apr 9, 2009.

1. fish13

fish13 New Member

State:
    missouri
    My wife and I are heading for Table Rock Lake May 14,15, and 16th. Wondering where cats will be located at that time. Ledges, channels, flats? Will be fishing mostly in the day time and we are not picky on the species of cats. If anyone can help us we would sure appreciate it. Thanks.

2. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    There are a couple of things you need to do, one is go up the creek or river channels, depending where you are staying. We fish the James river arm, stay on the channel edges probably at that time of the year in the day, and get you a map of the lake, another good area for that lake is the tops of the humps on the lake, they really are productive that time of the year, allthough you'll probably get runover by the @#$!!%^& JET SKEYS, not my favorite lake to be on that time of the year:crazy:

3. fish13

fish13 New Member

State:
    missouri
    We are staying at the Kimberling Inn by hiway 13 bridge. We just came back from a guided trip for blues and the guide was telling us that we should fish the James River arm,but that is a big area. Need to call him to get more specific. I don't mind running 10 or 15 miles if I can get into em. Is the bite going to be slow at that time because of the spawn?
    or will it be pre or post? I got a lot to learn!

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey come to the gathering at Truman instead:cool2: Gonna be a wild one and you wont regret it fer sure!:cool2:

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ill second that Kenny. Marv you should cancel the Table Rock trip and head to Truman for the gathering. Lots of good catfisherman there to help you. Meet alot of great people as well, with lots of good food. Troys crew puts on the biggest, baddest buffet, Ive see at a Gathering. That time of season is primetime for fishing below the outlet, and sounds like you have a boat, youll be in business. Those fellas down there can put you on some cats. Also, they have a beautiful campground area where theyll be at. I believe it is Racoon Ridge. Hope this helps. :cool2:

6. fish13

fish13 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks all. I agree, this is a great bunch. We will see if we can swing by that weekend. I do ned to go to Table Rock for a fishin Tournament though. It's through work and we go every year. This year they are doing a dedication to the fellow worker that started the tournament 20 yrs. ago and recently passed away. Hope to see you. Thanks again.