Help with Grizzly Jon Please

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by BullDaddy, Feb 18, 2006.

1. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Does anyone have a Grizzly(Tracker) jon boat? I am looking at a 2072 side console and it is between the Grizzly and the Sea Ark River Cat. I have a 1548 Sea Ark now but I really like the way the Grizzly looks. Thanks in advance for your help. KB

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    BullDaddy, I have the river cat and know someone that has the Grizzly and I would highly recommend the rivercat over the grizzly. I just think it is a much stronger boat and think that the grizzly is much cheaper made. The guy I know with the Grizzly has a rib that had the weld busted and his floor bows when going down the river. I have nothing at all bad to say about the river cat. I like its features and layout, I do wish the console was up farther, but nothing I can do about it. If you have any other questions about the RiverCat let me know, if that is what you decide to go with Im sure that you will be more than happy. Its a finely built boat.

3. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Did you go with the standard 40 gallon live well or the 60? I think the 60 only comes on the River cat Classic or something like that, I will have to look at the brochure again. Thanks for the input. Also, what size outboard did you go with? I believe it is rated up to a 135 but I could be wrong.

4. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    Ive got the 40 gallon livewell and it does fine and have an aux. 100gal livewell that goes in for tourneys too. The max horsepower for the boat is 140 and I have a 135 optimax on it. I love the boat it does awesome. I dont know what the 60 gal livewell does to the layout if it takes up more room in the back or not. Lemme know if you have any more questions Ill be glad to help you out.

5. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Going on the 4th year now, I have the 1754 SC Grizzly (actually mine is the Fisher who makes them for BPS) and could not be happier. The motor has well over 120 hours on it and I have had it in some pretty rough water, and it has worked like a champ. The only complaint I would have is it seems to have broken several rivets, but only ones holding in the floor kit (nothing on the hull or structural).

What set apart the Grizzly above the competition (at least 4 years ago) was no other comparable boat on the market had anywhere near the same amount of storage the Grizzly's have, and that was very important to me.

6. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    bdaddy,
    I have fished out of Ersels a good bit and have been working on accessorizing his this past week. I have seen and worked on and around alot of boats and I would choose a grizzly personally. He has fished hard out of his on the red river and it seems to be in top shape over the last few years. The hull has had no problems that I have seen and it is well put together.

Sea Ark is a good boat but I think the Grizzly is better built.
    Robert

7. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    I would go with the Rivercat myself it is built for the catfermen I fish alot of tournaments and alot of people have the Rivercat. I wish I would have bought that boat.

8. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    RiverCat2 ill sell you mine! lol......I just think the rivercat is a better built boat myself I just think trackers are a cheaper built boat personally. I was comparing them and they are the same thickness hull but SeaArk RiverCat has a weight capacity of 2300 lbs and the grizzly 1890 which I like for tournaments with my big livewell and for the go fast guy the SeaArk handles a 140 and the Grizzly a 125. Just thought Id compare those....by the way I was comparing the RiverCat to the 2072 Grizzly. GOod luck!

9. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Looks like I should have won the PowerBall and bought them both!:)