Help with fishing spot

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by terryl, Sep 1, 2006.

1. terryl

terryl New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I am taking my son catfishing this weekend and need help were to go around here. I live in Minden, La and we will be fishing off the bank, tightling. He wanted to go after he saw some of the pictures, of a few catfish I have caugh, but we lived in Monroe then. I has not been able to find a place to bank fish here. Any help on a place to go and what to use would be greatful.

Thanks
    Terry

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, Terry!! I don't live anywhere even close to there, so I can't say where to go. I am sure that you will find the info you need on here, though.

3. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Terry, we have local group that fish on the Red River all the time. In fact we are meeting tonight at Teauge Park Way. All you have to do go to the Catfishing on the Red River thread here in the Louisiana site and post. They will be lots of floks help you out. There are a lot of places to fish from the bank on the Red River in Sherevport/Bossier. Down in front of the Centurytel Center is a local hang out for our local guys that don't have boats. Right south of the I-20 bridge on the Clide Fant park way is another big hang out for bank fisherman. There will be lots of folks help. Just log on and post. We will help any way we can.

4. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    There are numerous spots to fish off the bank on the East side of the Red Terry. Come see us tonight at the Teague Launch Pavillion and talk to Jim. He just got a boat so he has some experience in bank fishing.