help with finding deer rifle

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by buckhunter21, Oct 5, 2008.

1. buckhunter21

buckhunter21 New Member

State:
    texas
    i neeed help finding a good deer rifle for little as possible if u can please email me thanx

2. JKitterman

JKitterman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What kind of deer hunting and where? Are you in thick NE woods, plains, etc. What kind of price range? Iron sights or scoped? You can look at Stevens, H&R Handi rifles, etc.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd say the H&R handi rifle in 270 will pretty much cover everything from woods to open country shots on the cheap. The round is very versitle as it's good in brush and close shots with the heavy bullet weights and with the 130s shoots flat and hits hard on the long shots in the open. The rifle is rugged, simple, and very accurate for the price.

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    walmart sells the mosburg 270. It is the cheapest new rifle on the market I found. I do have one and love it. I put a good bushnell scope on it that was $120 on clearance for $70.
    or you can pick up a 30/30 around this area used for around 250 bucks. either is probably the cheapest rout I think and both are great deer guns.

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Depending on where/what your hunting environment is. Some folks like 30-06 with 180 gr which can make a big hole at close range but may be needed for longer ranges. There are lots of variables to the environment the rifle could be used in, so gotta determine that, then look for the rifle to match that. Then look for deals and bargains. Hope you are successful.