Help with danny kings

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Sep 11, 2007.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have some danny kings punchbait thats gotten a little dry,is there anything i can add to it to moisten it up and bring it back to life?

2. catman fl

catman fl New Member

State:
    fl
    I beleave you can use vegtable oil.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    when we have this problem just add little hot water mix if it ends up to wet just add a little corn starch to thicken it back up. Hope this helps !!!:0a26:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Far as I'm concerned the best course of action is to throw that stuff in the trash and use live or freshly cut bait.

I couldn't catch a cold on Danny King's...

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Catman is correct, vegetable oil will soften it up even in the winter time. Also if it gets to thin add some cattails to it to thicken it up.

I usually agree with most of Marty's posts. But if he can't catch fish with it it is because he hasn't given it a fair trial run. We recently fished a prepaired bait tournament on Lake Texoma and Danny Kings is what we used. We caught a 20 and a 15 lber. and ended up winning second place in the tournament. The winning team beat us by about 6 lbs. also useing DK's and caught a 41.5 lb. blue:eek:oooh:. As a general rule we use skip jack or freshly caught shad but if it is not working DK's will put fish in the boat. Usually the only problem with it is that it works to well and the smaller fish will hit it before a larger fish has had time to find it. But make no mistake big blues will hit it as well.

6. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    i agree with marty on this subject. never caught anything on dks. fished side by side with store bought items it never produced. used all summer and now it gets one more chance out. tons of people rave about it, but i havent seen any results.:angry:

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive never caught anything on it either,i just remember i had some i put away and i decided to look and see if it was still good.Im a shrimp,cured liver,bluegill head, nightcrawler kind of guy.lol.But i usually keep stuff like that around just in case i run out of bait.