Help With Catfish Fishing near Allentown, Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by justme, Aug 25, 2006.

1. justme

justme New Member

State:
    pa
    I have fished in northampton in the lehigh caught a few small catfish and a few eel ... does anyone know of a really good spot to fish for catfish in the area or surrounding area .... I tried nockamixon last week no luck ... thanks !!!!!

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    haycock run at lake nockamixon has been good to me. fishing by the marina from shore (hadnt tried the pier, to full) is futile due to the weeds. had to go 4 times before I shot the skunk. Im trying to get back down there but been to busy to go. Greenlane reservoir in east greenville is another good area for cats.

3. nightfish

nightfish New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    All over the nock are incredible spots to catch catties from shore. In my experience the big boys usually come out after midnight. I am known to stay from sundown until 4 or 5 am. An all nighter on the nock is a fun way to unwind after a tough week, and the best way to start learning how they react to different conditions.

4. justme

justme New Member

State:
    pa
    Is there any good spots you can recomend to me I really appreciate it thanks Bill

5. nightfish

nightfish New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Hey justme do you have a map of the nock. If so look at all the trails locatated off all entrances from 563, there are spots all along them all of them are good in different conditions, so I cant really point you to a " good spot" what works one night may be skunk city the next. Feel free to pm me with questions. Good luck and let me know how you do.

6. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    For a close place to go,I like the canal on Sand Island in Bethlehem.We have caught some really big Snappers and Eels. My biggest Cat I got there was about 3 weeks ago and measured at 31". Catch and release most of the time,I rarely keep anything big.Makes great breeding stock!!!

7. justme

justme New Member

State:
    pa
    Thanks for the good info on the spots I will try them asap and let you know !!!!!!

8. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    email me or IM me maybe we can get together on a Fri or Sat night!