Help with Abu Garcia 6500 CS Mag-Elite

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by matt, Mar 14, 2007.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    i just bought a Abu Garcia 6500 CS Mag-Elite and i just got it today but it does not have the right frame on it. it looks like a 5000 or a 4600 crome frame on it and a black spool on it i call the person that sold it to me and said that is the way they come and i dont think so myself any help or info to get it back looking like a real mag or does it come like that thanks

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    All the CS mags I've seen have the chrome frame. I've seen several that have the green endplates and chrome frames. They've also got the magnetic spool control instead of the clicker. The control is were the clicker button goes. Is this the reel you've got? I think all the CS models have the chrome frame. My CS Pro Rocket has one and so does the regular CS Rocket.

Hope this helps

3. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    what i was saying is that my abu 6500 CS Mag-Elite has a 5000 or a 4600 frame on it and that is what the person sold it to me said that is how he bought me

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh, ok, I missunderstood ya. Did you buy it from a dealer? If so, I'd take it back. If not, and you got a good deal, You can get a 6000 size frame for pretty cheap and just switch everything over. I've got new frames for as little as 8.00. If you can't get a refund, you might think of that as an option.

5. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    i got it off of ebay and seller want take it back and i do like it and allways wanted a abu 6500 CS mag just wondering if u have a 6500 crome frame or just a 6500 frame and what kind of parts do u have ?

6. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Mine has a chrome cage and green side plates. It is a 6500 sized frame. Compares to the Rockets and Big Game. Also has a silver spool.