help with a botor motor

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by spigglejuice, May 5, 2008.

1. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    hello guys,

I have a 115 horse evinrude motor, is there any reasiable mechianic in the ft stewart area that could help me my starter started smoking.

2. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    :0a18:Shucks if he had started drinking we could send him to AA but smoking??:0a1:
    My son and dil were hypnotized and they quit smoking, that probably would not work on your starter..:wink:
    On a more serious note ;few things to check ; make sure you have a good hot battery , good cables and a good contact connection.Also look see if teh starter is not stuck up in the flywheel.
    Good luck and welocme to the board!!

3. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks for the info i think i will consider to get a new starter i will also check my wiring harness

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jeremy, take the starter off like you would on an automobile. (Disconnect the gattery first). Take it to a repair/rebuild shop. Costs about $50.00 in OKC to have a starter rebuilt. Check that price against a new starter and see which you would prefer. LOL

5. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    well i looked last night i need new ciol pack plug and wire, i called the shop this morning he thinks it might be bushings for the starter, and a new starter would cost 160.00

6. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    you can got some parts from napa . O`Relies also can git boat motor parts .got a brosh set for a 1974 75 hp evinrude that a starter repair shop said he couldn`t git .

7. spigglejuice

spigglejuice New Member

State:
    nc
    im going to take it to buck's outboard motor shop in midway ga

8. sandbar

sandbar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hi spigglejuice,
    I wpuld search on ebay for another starter u might luck up on a good deal if someone is parting out a 115 evinrude. Altamaha Marine in Jesup might be able to repair the old starter...Hope this helps! sandbar