Help what do I do?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, Apr 9, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    All around here in TN we got a major cold blast (sure some of you have experienced it) and a lot of foliage got frosted. Now this is one thing that I have no fishing experience with. Last night was our last freezing 20s night, and it is starting to warm up a little. Will there be any fish out to bite?? I'm not just talking about catfish, I mean anything that can get a hook in its mouth. I need some input here....might try wetting a line here in a day or two.

:0a36:
    :0a35: :0a31:

Tight lines

Catman

2. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    The cold snap had a lot less effect than you think. I haven't been out for a week because of the wind where I fish, but here at Chickamauga Lake those who braved the weather have been catching crappie, bluegill, and largemouth and spotted bass, with a few channel cats and drum mixed in! I'm going for blue cats in about an hour. This warming trend will only make it better!

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ya eric has that right. Temp out side hasn't afected the water temp as much as you think. If you can deal with the fost go get em.

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    It must have warmed up more in Tenn. than Mo. or your just tuffer than me, keep us posted on how you do.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont think the catfish done stop biteing.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Something you might keep in mind is that before and after a cold front is usually the best times to fish---Now get out there and do some catching!!!:big_smile:

7. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks y'all, I had it in my head that these frostbite air temps would plummet the water temps. I guess I will be wading again with my cast net in a few days. I might give it a go today... thanks again

8. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    OK, here's today's report. 25 blue cats in 5 hrs, average 10 lb, largest 20. all on cut skipjack. Poor water flow but the cats were hungry! Put on those waders and go. Reports say bass fishermen are catching channels shallow on bass plugs! Good Fishing!

9. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was down there today...bass seem to be back in prespawn mode and the water was a lot colder and clearer. But this is more like a creek here so it would get more affected than a larger body of water. If I find a way to get bait without freezing my hands off I will give it another go.