Help! Watts Bar//Hiwassee River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by preshrd3cpy, Jul 4, 2009.

1. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    No boat and not catching fish worth telling anyone about any help would be great. The bait I have been using is Chicken liver and the last couple of trips sardines packed in water. I have been reading about garlic/salt. Couple of folks my way said to make dough bait from 1lb ground beef, block of limberger cheese, 1 1/2 cup of sprite, garlic roasted, garlic salt, several liver pieces and a box of mini wheats mixed up and pressed on #6 trebble hooks and 5in up split shots sinkers. Have anyone used this before and does it work? ANY help will work thanks!!!!!

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Get away from the prepared bait..Catch some fresh bait in the waters you are fishing..Catch some bream and cut them up for bait or use them live..Try a dip net and catch some minnows or shad..You can also catch some skipjack with a jig below the dams and they make great cut bait for cats..All the things you are using works yes but mainly on smaller fish..Good luck and welcome to the BOC..I'm sure some more folks will happen along with some more advice..

3. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Well I went back to the Hiwassee last night July8,9 the water was moving fast as hell but I managed to reel in 4 good cats around 5lb in about an hour and 1/2 but thats all was out there from 10:00 pm til 3am didnt get a bite after the last cat was reeled in about 12. I was using chicken liver tied in cheese cloth.