HELP to STOP SMOKING

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jollymon, May 1, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I would like to stop smoking i just don,t have enough will power to stop cold turkey yet .
    Has anyone else stopped by using any of the stop smoking aids if so which one works the best ?

THANKS

2. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I've never used a smoking aid. I just stopped cold turkey. It sure did suck but after a week or so I stopped wanting one. You will thank yourself for it. You can do it. Good luck!

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I tried with Wel Butrin a couple of years ago and I was able to quit for 4 months then started again. I quit again 1 month tomorrow cold turkey and its was not as bad as I thought. Just remember that for every 5+ you are spending on cigs are 5+ that you could be spending on fishing.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Used them all but nothing worked for me.Till Dec 5th 06.Quit COLD Turkey.Had to health wise.All I think to say is make up your mind and JUST DO IT.Reason is until you decide you really want to all the stuff in the world won't do it .Helps for a bit abut I always went back.Problem is then I'd smoke more than before.
    Since 06 I haven't touched one and I smoked 2-1/2 -3pk a day.And smoked for 52 yrs.If I can do it ANYONE can do it.

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Did it cold turkey myself-going on 9 weeks now. I did smoke a few last weekend while fishing, but it was because my fishing partner was driving me crazy! (Just kidding Winston!)

You'll feel better if you can kick the habit. My sense of smell is ten times better, and that thing called breathing is even easier to do!:smile2:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cold Turkey here too. If we all can do it, you can too. Good luck brother.

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I used Chantex. It's expensive, but so are smokes. You can smoke yer butt off, and it don't get to the brain like it's supposed to....so in effect you smoke while you quit smoking. I'm in my tenth week, and slip a lil, but pretty certain I'm gonna make it.
    Where I fail the worst, is with beer. Something bout a cold brew, and I wanna smoke too. I thought it would be coffee, but it's beer, with friends who still smoke.
    But I'm at the point where I can slip up at night with friends and beer, and wake up the next day and not want one. Once you get past the DT''s and pink elephants...you never want to have to re-live that again. And if you can make it thru a day without one, and not suffer, you're not addicted anymore. It's just a bad habit.
    I was 2+ packs a day, and started when I was a teenager. I'm in my late 50's. You can do it....It just sucks, and actually hurts, that's all. But then, it don't hurt no more....and it's over.
    :wink:

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i quit cold turkey also its been 7 weeks sunday i was not allowed to smoke at work [gas hauler] so it was hard but im still dippen

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    This coming august will be 3 years for me. I went cold turkey. I cant stand the smell now.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tomorrow will be 14 days without a smoke for me. I've been addicted for too many years to mention. I quit cold turkey. It's the best way, I think. Otherwise the temptation is just too strong. Ya gotta get to the point where you just decide that you're done with it...and be done with it. All else is just gimmicks for someone to profit from your problem. Just put 'em down and don't look back. They ain't worth it.

11. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

The wife used Chantex, it worked for her. Its been 2 years and 4 months for her now. :roll_eyes:
    Me now its has been 7 months, I started at the same time she did, but I broke 3 time, I did not smoke more than 4 day when I broke :embarassed:
    But last Oct. I knew it was time, went cold turkey also, now I can not stand the smell of them. :big_smile:
    To go cold turkey takes will power, and a lot of it. But it can be done.
    You have to really want it.

12. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone ever heard that going cold turkey may be a shock to your body and may be bad for you? Iam ready to stop and Iam thinking about going C/T but it would really be a drag if I quit and then went belly up for lack of nicotain.
    smokey

13. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been trying to stop for about a year now. I have tried about everything and nothing has worked for me. I have quit smoking several times in the past, but I was pregnant each time. The smell would make me sick and quiting was never a problem. What my main problem is I am around a lot of smokers. I do really good and then someone will light one up and I will have to have one. The last time I tried to quit cold turkey I was in such a bad mood, and I made everyone around me miserable. This time around I am slowly weening myself off them before I quit cold turkey again. I was smoking about a pack a day. At first I tried to only smoke one an hour. A few days later I went to an hour and half. Right now I am up to three hours in between smokes. I figured here in a few days I will try to quit completely. The first few days I will keep a pack around so I can have one when the cravings get to bad. After that pack is gone I will hopefully be done for good.