Help The Married Fishermen!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Oct 17, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    [​IMG] How MANY Nights Would Ya Like To Fish?... For The Married!!!
    I just responded to a recent thread on how many nights a week do you fish. Well, this was a question I used to take pride in..... But,,,,,,,,,,,,,, with two words ( I DO) and the addition of a child to my lastname, with another in the oven..... this question went from alot, to some, to a little, to none hardly! LOL... When trying to answer.... So This thread is dedicated to the catmen that is dedicated by heart, and by time in the past.... But, is locked down like myself now due to having other priorities and family issues... How many nights a year would ya, do ya, and do ya dream about fishing?????:smile2: rollo

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know how you feel. The difference now is that I'm on the BOC talkin' about catfishin' way more than I'm actually doin' it. But the kids gotta come first, that's just part of bein' a good Dad, gettin' older, and havin' more responsibilities. Heck, it just makes it better when you do get to go and the little ones get big enough to with ya sometimes, and like my Mom says, "Their only little once", but I'd like to fish everyday.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Exactly... Probably most of the members here are in that situation. So all I can say is Been there, Done that, still there!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I know this situation all too well Jason. :wink: I'm married with 4 daughters ages 21, 19, 17 & 15. Between the 4 of them there is always some fuction going on that I must attend. I havn't been out fishing in about a month and this weekend is booked also! :roll_eyes:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sounds like they are at the age to fish atleast!

told sarah, just because our first is a gal

dosen't mean she isn't a tomboy! :cool2: rollo

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I coulda started this one all I can say is I don'y get to fish near enough but keep thinkin one day it'll change

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I was owned my own business I was able to go 3 or 4 times a week... now that I'm working a regular 9 to 5, it's cut down to once a week... :sad2:

Kids aren't so much an issue as mine 3 of 'em are out of the house now, and the fourth has discovered girls and driving... :roll_eyes:

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I hear ya & feel your pain. With a wife, new house and a 17 month old lil girl, I've fished 4 times this year and only once for cats. It bites so to speak. But wait till the lil ones are older and you'll have more time to fish because you'll get to teach them. I started fishing when I was 4. So its not looong of a wait. Time seems to fly when you have kids.

9. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    It ain't just the guys getting their fishin' time cut into! I'm the official fish freak in the house and now that my kids are 12 and 14 we get to go more than we used to -- until my mom got sick again. Now that's cut into my fishin' time, but you do what you gotta do. Thank God for the BOC or I really would go nuts!:tounge_out:
    At least in the last few months I've learned a lot from being on here and when I do get to go it is a lot better.

Good thread rollo!:wink:

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well Rollo we all need to just consider ourselves lucky that we still get to fish.

I got a friend that gets harassed by his wife so bad when he went fishin that he got so sick of it that he has simply quit fishin, and know she is harassing him really bad every time he goes to the woods trying to help me finish getting new stands up and repairing old ones that it isn't funny. She'll call him three or four times while we are out there asking him when is he gonna get home and that there is a lot of stuff she needs him to do all the time to where we can't get much done cause he's on the phone with here half the time and then she gets ticked off while he is trying to explain what all we are tryin to do and she just hangs up on him.

Man I'm glad I'm not in his shoes.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm in the same boat,I haven't gone many times this year,My daughter loves to go,but with sports and 4H,I just dont feel like going fishing,and JUST fishing. The times I have been no catching,I'm going to quit catfishing here at home and go back bassin,at least I know I can catch some eaters.

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My son is 18 and has too much to do to worry about going fishing. My daughter is 11 and loves fishing so that makes it a little easier. When the work at home is done i go. My wife says that there are things alot worse than fishing that i could be doing.

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    id leave the phone behind sounds like she is too controling or she doesnt trust him

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i tell the ol lady im goin fishin and she says have fun but id go no matter what she said some time she goes with me so its all good

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I had an X wife like that. Traded her in for a new improved model!! LOL This one is always trying to get rid of me. Dang the bad luck!! LOL

16. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    not me i just tell my wife like it is if that dont work i beg

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Perhaps I can help you poor fellows out here.I was married and raised two great boys.We, all of us fished ,backpacked ,skiied etc etc.WIfe was keen on fishing herself but loved going.Boys grew up and left,wife passed away,I get to go whenever I want.Youngest son is still best fishing buddy and the grandkids are all loving the boat rides and fishing.Daughter-in-laws are good girls,and one of them is a better fisherman than most of us guys.I have plenty of resources and can indulge myself by fishing anywhere in the world for that matter.SO for you guys that cant get away from your responsibilities I am willing to stand in for you!!!!!:wink::smile2:Simply tell me where you WOULD fish if you could and I'll go there and do it for you!:big_smile:For a slight extra fee I'll include video and narration of how much fun you would be having.:eek:oooh:I'm on my way to Santee this coming weekend to fish with youngest son and grandson.By insisting that the boys fish or do the other activities with us my wife and I ,Lord rest her soul ,managed to find a way to raise two fine kids that grew up to be fine human beings.There wasnt any plan to it we just hit on a successful formula by luck.SO if you are tending to those kids now its going to pay off later even if it cuts back some on your time. Hopefully they will come and take YOU fishing when you get to old to load that boat trailer on the truck.:big_smile:

18. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well,

even after i got hitched (been tied to the post ever since 03') i never really changed my fishing habits. Amy works retail so there are "ahem" were a lot of nights that i was home alone. rather than sit thier counting shadows, i fished. now that little Aidan has turned 4 months old, i think i have fished maybe 3 times since he was born. he only has about 12 pounds to go untill he can fit into the smallest legal lifejacket (30#'s or more) but Amy still wont let me take him untill he can walk. that could take like a whole other year or something... so for now we just "practice in the boat" at home.

1 year ago: fished 3 times a week unless it was hunting season, played golf at least once every other week.

this year: fish, once a month, in the middle of the night, at the risk of personal injury, and the gaurantee of insult. golf... what's that?

thank the good Lord, hunting is included in my job descrption.

19. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    been there done that, and doing it again!!! Having family takes a lot of fishing time away!!!! You can't just up and jump in the truck and take off fishing like you use to could!!!