help someone plzzzzz

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by catfishman352007, Aug 20, 2008.

1. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    i have a 1963 johnson 75 hp motor, motor doesnt run cant figure out y but it just stopped running have new coil and new ignition switch i cant figure out what is wrong if i jump from battery to starter it will turn over and try to start but from ignition switch it wont im in need of immediate assistants please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused2:

Attached Files:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Would it try to turn over from the old ignition switch? Are you getting good voltage on the silenoid?

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Also when you say it stopped running, do you mean it stopped while you had it out, or just all of the sudden wouldnt start the next time you took it out?

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    There should be a big 20 amp fuse inline with the selnoid that is in the seperate box that the selnoid and regulator is in or do you have the other model. Hard to tell without the model number.

5. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    im working on a 85 hp mercury,it wont start unless you spray alittle starting fluid in the top carb...i can look into the bottom carb and see gas cominig out of the jet but i cant on the top carb while its running...also i know if you put your hand over the carbs its supposed to die from flooding,but if you put hand over the top one the rpms raise up and then it will die after a couple of seconds..rebuilt fuel pump,have fresh gas new lines....any suggestions....

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Stoney pull both of those carbs and rebuild them after soaking and cleaning them real good and I mean clean every little hole out or you will ruien a piston from a lean condition.

7. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    thanks for the help,i'll do that first thing tommorrow....

8. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    mine had a bad negative cable from battery to starter