Help settle a Family Feud

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Kojak, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This summer started off with my thirteen year old son catching a 13#flathead out of my brothers private pond. Since that time I have caught quite a few cats mostly in the 2-5# range, enough for a fish fry for about 20 people and working on another. Well you know how kids are, and big kids, its all about the competition. My son thinks he has me beat with his one fish, even if its the only one he has caught. I told him that I have him beat in numbers and weight. What do you guys/girls think about this friendly family feud....his going fishing with me on Saturday depends on it lol.....

Jerred

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I usually have a friendly competition with my Cuz and another fishing buddy. We'll bet on the biggest and on the most fish for the season. Usually not much,maybe $10-$20.
    I'd say you're both winners in my book. Sounds like a lot of nice fish caught!!!

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Your son definitely smoked ya'. Quality beats quantity every time. Take him fishing and maybe he could teach you a thing or two. :wink:

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sounds like you've got some catching up to do!:smile2:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Let the kid think he has beaten you, what could it hurt to make him feel like he has accomplished something? Make him feel good about this and he will keep fishing with you for a long time to come. Not letting him feel good about this will lead to him not wanting to go anymore eventually!!
    PS. He has beat you in Weight, LOL!!!

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    there are three catagories. largest fish caught, most fish caught, and total weight of all fish caught. Yogi Berra said " It aint over till its over"

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Remind him that you are his meal ticket and to shut up. :smile2:

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

Ditto that :big_smile: .. Also, Flatheads, least for me and around here in the lakes, are a whole lot harder to catch than channels imho.. (IE; 50 1lb channels vs 1 50lb Flathead, I'd have to say the Flathead won) ....

9. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ah man thats the fastest replies I have ever gotten. The kid has me beat fair and square :sad2:. And he loves fishing and teasing me about catching the biggest fish. He sais thats why I joined this Brotherhood so I could Try to beat him. lol

10. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hmmmm....I don't know Jared, I think the boy has
    a fair point.But the truth is that you're kind of
    dealing with two catagories,Biggest fish and number of fish.Maybe you're gonna have to play out both
    catagories throughout the rest of the season.post
    the results to us later.And one other thing, Keep
    taking that boy fishing! I know you will. :)

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree the Kid has you beat hands down. Clarify your competition and keep him interested in winning. A kid hooked on fishing will probably never become hooked on drugs.

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jerred I am going to post something for your boy here.

:0a34::0a37:

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Let the son, He will always remember that! Take a kid fishing!:wink:

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now we know the real reason you joined, shame on you for coming in here, gaining valuable catfishing information from the best catfishermen in the world, to whuup up on a kid, LOL!!!! You should hold your head down in shame, LMAO!!!!!!!

15. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You got me:embarassed:, im so embarassed. Anyway, him and I are going fishing tomorrow. He has won the biggest fish....so far anyway. Thanks for the fun posts Im sure he will love reading how you all cheer him on....And oh yeah he is going down on the next trip..lol

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Let the best fisher man/boy win. I'm rooten for the boy.LOL.

17. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now come on let your kid win this one it will do him a little good for his head to sweel some and think he is better than the old man. We all know he is better than you LMAO Just teasing you man:big_smile:

18. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    now i usually don't get involved in family fueds. remember what happened with the hatfields and mckoys. but this is a no brainer. he won the fishing part, but you fed the family. let them dicide if they liked the one big fish or if they liked the fish fry. it'e good to hear yall fish togther and have some fun with it.

19. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    One thing about glory, it is short lived. He got the bigun today, tomorrow you will. Just let him bask in it while he can and then you get one he will have to fish hard to beat. LET THE GAMES BEGAIN!!!!
    :nosebleed:

20. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    If tournament fishing, most weight wins and biggest fish wins. Looks like a winner in each category.