Help save the life of a child.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Aug 22, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Your feelings on guns,gun control and hunting aside.PETA or NRA inclined,our children are more important.The worst thing is for a child to be ignorant and inexperienced about guns.Sooner or later a child stands a good chance of being exposed to guns by another child.They will never ask your permission to expose your child to a gun.Never!How children are taught to respond means everything.That is why I ask everyone to consider a "Hunter Safety Course" for the children in their family and neighborhood.It teaches "respect and responsibility"in every way concerning guns.Not only will they learn when that gun is not "cool',they will learn when it is stupid and dangerous.They will learn that the kid with that gun is a fool and a danger to everyone.And God forbid,if your child does end up with or around a gun,they will have learned the safest thing to do and how to do it.I do believe that the course saves lives.So does the military.Try hunting on a military installation without proof of passing the course.Our experts who handle and who's lives depend on guns believe that it saves lives in children and adults.It is no more or no less important than knowing CPR.Hopefully the need will never arise,but it already has and will arise for many families.Many never know about it until someone dies.If you as a adult know little about firearms,you may be in the same situation.You may wish to take it with or without your children.If you are around children,it is good to know.Do you know how to safely receive a gun from a child or anyone for that matter?It may save a life you love.Please think about it and encourage others to do so.Thank you.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post buddy, you can never be too carful with firearms.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well said peewee. i totally agree with you. and i even practice what your preachin'. safe is ALWAYS better than sorry.

4. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Our kids took the hunter's education course last year. It makes me feel a little better, but we still keep all the firearms under lock and key. I wish everyone who owned a gun had to take a safety course and if they had children in the house, the child should take some type of class. Accidents happen, but if it can be prevented, then I think these courses are well worth it.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When I was a young teenager, and in boyscouts, we all had to take the hunter education course. I would have taken it anyways, but that's when I took it. I loved to hunt rabbits and squirrels, and went every fall and winter. Well, my card was so old, that it just fell apart, so I called MDC to have it replaced as I can't purchase permits without it. Well, apparently when they put all the info into the computer banks, they lost my information.:angry:Anyways, that whole mess is another story. Long story short, I had to retake my test, which is not a bad thing either. Only problem was that the "instructor" was a total yahoo. He had a Ruger .22 pistol with laser sights on it, and he kept pointing it around the room, and going on about how cool it was. This guy is licensed to teach firearms safety classes, but acted like a child with his first BB gun. I wanted to slap him, but I wanted to get my certificate and get the heck out of there even more. Even worse though, I took Sheila's son with me thinking it would be a good experience for him. I don't think that it was. I think that it's a good thing all in all, but there are apparently a few wakkos out there teaching these classes as well. Hope y'all get a good one.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Save a life.Report him.He is a danger to himself and every one else.They have a record of the date,names and addresses of all the witnesses.Very easy to prove.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good post Peewee!

NRA's "Eddie Eagle" GunSafe program teaches children in pre-K through the 3rd grade four important steps to take if they find a gun.
    I think it should be taught in every school in our nation... but sad to say, it's not.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    spot on, my friend

9. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i took hunters safety in 6th grade and liked it but my gun toting consists of a bb gun or pellet rifle these days at one time i would have loved to start collecting guns but now i couldnt afford a good one if i tried, all i hafta do is say the word and my best friend would gladly give me one of his but i dont trust myself around them,i get in those depressing spells and sometimes friends and family cant bring me back where i need to be, but now when i get that way i talk to God and let him know how i feel and usually it helps! :smile2:
    i think this part of the mountain i live on is a really bad place because parents up here believe when kids turn 14 or 15 its ok to give them a shotgun or pistol and no classes on gun safety or a guncabinet the parents can lock them up in! when kids think you're being unfair they get stupid at times!! and i wouldnt hesitate to think the kids up here would use gun threats and more when they think life isnt going their way! or if they thought their parents were being unfair! you hear all the time about kids killing parents and the excuses are retarted!!!!!! they wouldn't let me go to the dance, or they told me i cant go to a concert that is for older kids.
    lock em up parents!!! you never know when this generation will fly off the hook!
    all the goth/emo crap going on, where its ok to be a sniveling,little brat who thinks people are against em all the time and dress in all black and never smile,do you think they wouldn't snap and kill somebody? im not saying all goth/emo kids are like that but they fit the troubled teens discription and look what happened with columbine?????? always make sure the guns are locked up, and it will be alot easier to make sure bad things dont happen! :cool2:

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I agree with you PeeWee... as a teacher, I think it is important skill and knowledge that everyone should have. I have seen plenty of weapons in my day... and I know many of those were also in my childhood.

Now, my theory is we teach Sex Education not to promote sex, but by promoting sex in a safe manner. Do not deny that teens will have sex and prepare them to at least have the knowledge to know what they are getting into if that situation arises.

I think the same with weapons... guns, knives, etc. We should actually be teaching them about them as well as a safety issue. Not as an issue to promote gun use, but by using a gun in a safe environment and with proper technique.

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Great post Pee Wee.
    Thanks

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i had my son hunting squiriels by the time he was 7 years old.he took his hunter ed. class at age 12 so he could go hunting deer with me.sad to say i lost my fishing partner.all he does now is hunt.

13. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Pee Wee awsome post, Teach them young. Last year the police teamed up with the TV news to show what kids as young 6 yrs would suprize you. The police took a S&W auto unloaded put a emty clip in it put where a few kids play at. This 6yr. old boy pick it up look straight in the barrel. Amazingly tried to pull the slide back. Start very early to teach them. Thanks again Pee Wee