Help Save FLATHUNTER!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Sep 16, 2009.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Urgent.... Jack (Flathunter) is about to join the dark side, and no I don't mean the Evil Empire, I mean that other group of Evil Doers that must go unanmed here on the BOC!

Flathunter needs to hear it from the BOC on why he can't give up fishing the rivers or lakes. Come on now, let's try to cheer him up!

I will say this though, if I had put in 170 consecutive fishless hours I'd probablly not only stop fishing the local rivers or lakes, but my boat, rods, reels and everything else would be up for sale! :big_smile:

Come on Jack... Don't Do It. :wink::smile2:

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    he better not quit as i just sent him some good big fish mojo for that 60 pounder. besides he needs to try out his new net. hang in there Jack your due my friend.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    No!!!

He is going to the P$Y Lakes Now :crazy:

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Come on Jack dont give up. All you need is to get out and catch some big smallmouth and largemouth and fish after dark once. I think you might turn things around. Give it a shot Jack!:smile2:

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    whenever you want to come up jack i will take you to "The Eyes" spot. was there tonight and got a 20,15,7, and 6

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished after dark many times this year, and with bass, nothing, and I mean nothing is working

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Hang tough Jack,still a little while left this season!:wink:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am now up to 190 hrs on the water without a fish, or a bite...I have fished night, morning, evening afternoon, none of it is working..I have not even seen the tip of my rod twitch in 190 hrs on the water.

My worst year ever.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought you were going with me?????

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Damn,no matter what you do,I gotta give you credit brother.190 hrs is a looooong friggin time without even a run!Maybe somebody put a hex on ya!:crazy:

11. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. Pick up some worms Jack. That should make the tip twitch.:smile2:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just can't do it man. I'm not ready to give into the PL's yet. :embarassed: Forgive me! :wink::smile2:

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    your not fishing the rivers either, might as well:big_smile:

Heck I am sure thats where all the big fish I caught last year are swimming at anyway, might as well go try and catch them again:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck everyone in my house has had a bad cold for a week, I cant even catch that????? No kidding.

I have kept track of this fishless streak, my last fish caught was May 22...Since then I have fished 191 hrs again without a bite.

Last year I was the toast of the BOC, I caught a 55-lb flathead, and several over 40-lbs.....This year I am even ashamed to post anymore!

15. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    oh now everyone has really bad sour streaks but thats why its fishing and not catchin if it was easy everyone could do it dont put so much pressure on yourself go back to the basics and fish a worm or some shrimp under a cork in the shade in about 4-5ft and see what happens

16. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I feel your pain brother. I fished the rivers in NW Florida for 3 years. I am really embarased to say this but I just could not get the hang of those fish. Get this, in the 3 years that I fished there,getting out at least every other week, I boated a TOTAL of 4 fish. You heard right, 4. I was really thinking that i was just that bad at cattin till I came back home and tried the same tactics an they have been working. Not as many fish as I would have hoped and not as big, but I have landed more fish in the past two weeks then I did in 3 years in FL. Stick with it, a veteran like yourself will land more than your share real soon. Sometimes that is what happens when you target the big boys. They dont get that big by being stupid.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  17. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    191 hours? Have you ever heard the term "regressing to the mean"? Basically it means you're DUE my friend. For god's sake DON'T QUIT NOW. You are due to have the best fall EVER based on your luck so far this year. Besides, i wanna come down there again and help prove that they're still in there and the next time out could very well be THE TIME. I'm gonna go one further....i GUARANTEE we'll catch fish.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is not to start an argument.

But this is the first year I have ever seen trotliners fish my holes, and they fished them 7 days a week, for 2 straight months may and june, I saw as many as 5 trotlines set out at a time.

Could they really cause this much damage? Because the last 3 years I have caught tons of big flatheads from my holes, 3 over 50-lbs, many over 40-lbs and dozens over 30 -lbs, so many over 20-lbs I lost track...All fish were released unharmed.

19. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I can vouch for the trotliners. When i fished with Jack in that spot awhile back they started putting out trotlines at about 5 pm and spent at least an hour doing so. As for the possible damage done i'd say it's definitely a big factor. There are so many other possibilities that it's hard to tell what else is contributing to the drought there. In any case i'd definitely be scouting out some new spots but i wouldn't permanently give up on that one just yet.

20. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    With a river like the Scioto where the fish will stack up in holes when the water is low, liners could cause that much damage. If we get some decent rain it may stir things up a bit.