Help Sal win and the BOC profits!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Oct 23, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Ok, here is the scoop....

First it started with Tea losing weight. I was impressed and intrigued.
    Then I was out fishing with Vic Brown and he mentioned that he was running in a charity race. I was inspired.

Next, my coworkers decided that they'd do a high-stakes weight loss competition that starts today and ends in january sometime around the 17th.

I weighed in today. I weigh 294. I want to drop as much as I can before the deadline and beat out the other guys I work with.

I want to lose weight and here is what I am proposing: If I win this thing, using motivations of my own and a lil help from you all out there, I will give 10% of my winnings off the top to the BOC as straight money. Not for a star, not for some gain, not for someone or something else. Straight cash donation.

If the BOC can rise to my aid and gimme the info, the strength, and a few pointers, I will pay it back in cash as a donation.

Any hints, stories, tips, recipes, or plans-of-attack are VERY welcome.

HELP SAL HELP THE BOC.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tounge_out: :tounge_out: :cool2:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    two hints for you sal...stomach stapling and liposuction:wink:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    get an Iwant to attitude and pray about it:confused2: :confused2:

4. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    You'll be suprised by the power of prayer... your on my list goodluck

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok Sal, welcome to Pee away the pounds

You weigh 294, 294 devided by 2 is 147. You need to drink 147 oz of water A DAY.
    Eat small meals, 6-7 times a day.
    Each meal should consist of a half palm sized piece of meat/protien
    A handful of veggies like salad or carrots, or broccolii
    and 1/2 palm of carb

Your last 1 - 2 meals NO CARBS

Eat every 2 - 3 hours

For your 7th meal, drink a protein shake as a snack.

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I tried that phil- The office stapler only goes in about 1/4 inch. Maybe I ought to try it on my lips instead?

Liposuction? Can I do that in the garage with the shop vac? cause it only gave me a big blue hickey on my belly. Try explaining that to the wife!

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    At least it was on the belly! :0a19: :haha:

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    cut out all the carbinated soda and sugar

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sal, I lost 80 lbs when I stopped drinking milk for 6 mths.yes I loved my milk and drank way too much, perhaps a 1/2 gal a day. oh yeah when I stopped the milk cookies and cake didnt tast as good so I didnt eat any goodies eather.smokey

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    cut out anything and every thing you like to eat and drink more water , you can do it

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    More water
    More cardio
    Less sugar
    More Rest

Getting plenty of sleep, plays a big roll.

Try ot burn more calories than you are taking in.
    If you dont feel as though you are getting in enough nutriention, take a mulit-vitamin.

Good luck hun I wish you well :wink:

12. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Anything good is bad for ya. So eat, drink and do things you hate, you'll be miserable but you should lose wieght, LOL. :big_smile:

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Sal! Exercise, exercise, exercise!!!

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My mom and dad have been on the Atkins for several years and they have both lost significant weight. They also both have much much better cholesterol levels, so much so that my mom is off her cholersterol medicine for the first time in 20 years. It seems to really work and even be healthy. There is new research out that says it is more healthy than a low fat, high carb diet.

Also remember-it would be nice to be the winner in january, but significant weight loss takes time. if you drop the pounds in a 'quick fix' they will come right back on and can be dangerous too. do it in a safe way and do it to live longer and healthier-not to win a comp. Tea did it in an excellent way, he is a great role model! GOOD LUCK!

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Nothin but Subway Babyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to eat Subway every day I would whither away and die!

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My Cardio told me, "If it tastes good, spit it out...":lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Two peanuts went to New York. One was assaulted.

17. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Sal, if it taste's good spit it out.

st

Ol Man you beat me to it.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Throw your car keys away and, walk to work, walk to your fishing hole, walk to the store and, walk off those pounds!!! Think of the money you will save in gas as you drop the pounds.

PS. don't forget to eat right when you do this, LOL!!!

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sal, I've dieted since I was 23. I only eat two meals a day. Usually a light breakfast of oats or other cereal sweeten with Aspartame or Splenda. Ive used Aspartame for 20 or 25 years or when it became available. When I use milk it is always 2%. I eat a lot of chicken and green salads, limit bread and fried foods, seldom eat beef or pork and try to stay away from sweets. I drink caffeine free Diet Coke and have ever since it became available. I never drank anything that is sweeten with sugar.

I jogged for about 15 years and now try to brisk walk 3 miles daily, been doing that for about the last 17 years. Getting some exercise almost as important as cutting back the eating.

Like Amy said..., just burn more calories than you eat and the weight will come off.

I think it's good to post your weekly weight loss just like Tea.

Good luck!

20. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Ok, so day one went well. (actually day one-half, since I didnt know it started till just before lunch yesterday).

I didnt have any soda at all, which was a big change and actually gave me a lil headache.

I dont think I will let go of the coffee ever, but I did switch to black-unsweetened.

All I ate yesterday was one small baked pork chop from a wild boar, a cup or so of broccoli, 6 small shrimp, and my dessert was two chocolate squares- not two bars, lol. Two squares off of one bar.

I drank a lot of water last night whenever I got a food craving. I think I finished three 64 oz mugs!

For exercise, I did better than I thought I would do- I did a brisk walk for one mile to warm up and then for the whole way home, Id jog fast till I could not get my breath, then walk backwards till it came back to me. My wife has been walking for a month or so now and I beat her back to the house (to claim the shower first lol). Even the dog was lagging behind me last night... but she's a cheesehound and never moves far from the couch on a normal day.

Today I will repeat the food intake, and repeat the walk/jog/walk backward. Maybe Ill toss a few pushups or situps into the mix as well.

Good day for a first day! AND THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE INFO AND THE ENCOURAGEMENT.

I do want to say this- I dont plan on stopping after the competition. I plan on overdoing it during the competition and then settling back once it is over into something healthier. This is just a fast start to a new life folks... Im aware of the dangers of fast-fix diets.