help resizing photos

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinkbuster1, Dec 25, 2005.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have the paint shop pro on my computer but i cant for the life of me resize photos correctly to post on here. when i try to upload it always tells me that my photos are 1.24 mb and the limit is 1.05 or something. when i resize theyre always too small or blurry, yeah i admit it im behind a few grades on computers.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Download Irfanview......simple, and free......just put Irfanview into a google search and you'll see what website you go to....so you can download it.
    Let me know if you need any help with finding it or something.

Zakk :)

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mike, there's a tutorial somewhere, just ask one of the Mod's. When you resize, they can't be any larger than 500X400 pixels, you have to go to that format when you resize. I usually just make mine 50 pixels smaller in each direction, just to be on the safe side. You also have to convert them to JPEG format. Then I check how many Kb's before I try to download them to the board. Hope this helps.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Like Catfish Fever said. Are you resizing by using the mouse cursor, or clicking on the 'resize' option on the menu bar? You should use the 'resize' option, it's easier to prevent distortion, and change the measurement units from inches to pixels if necessary. That way you will know for sure you are under the 500/400 pixel limit.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Irvan view is easy and free just make sure your pics are 500x 400 pixels or less.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Is by far the easiest way to resize pics. Easy to install and FREE!!! That is the best part. Just go to the website below and good luck with resizing pics.

www.irfanview.com

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Yep, Irfranview is simple to use but I did not down load that on my wife new computer. My new camera has an editing feature in the software that came with the camera. I can resize with that feature. :D

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well lets see if this works, if so thanks a bunch guys!

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    aha! the curse is broken! took me a while to figure it out but i got it. :grin-big: