Help reading the flood graphs???

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by N8theGr8, Nov 25, 2009.

1. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    Does anyone know at what feet does the dikes start showing? right now the mo is showing right around 17ft. whats average? also does anyone know of a link to a webcam that shows the river? Any helps is greatly appreciated.

2. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i posted two pictures in my profile i took at the alton dam 2 days ago. i don't know if it will help any? i think it needs to go down about 9 more feet?

3. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A lot of us have been waiting for the wing dikes to show back up.:angry: Right now it's ATLEAST 2 weeks or more to go.:sad2:

4. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    hmmm so if the graph is saying somewhere around 8ft were in the clear?

5. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i not for sure about the feet level. i know buy looking at my normal spots it has a lot to go. i fish the miss down south of st.loius. i fish today at truman boat ramp. If you know the area i could show you some pictures i took today there. Look at the chart and scrol down and look for record LOW water level in that area. it should give you some insite.

6. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i think if it went down 8 or 9 feet you would be able to get on part of the dikes for sure.

7. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    k thanks man. u get anything at truman?

8. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    a drum. it's in my profile also. LOL I am fishing tomorrow with mike.(wabah58) I didn't catch anything at he dam either. Hope things turn around. It's my first winter fishing for cats.

9. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    so i was on google looking up the low waters and found this. are these holes where cats usually stay?

[​IMG]

10. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i can't tell what made them hole's but I think they are to small to hold fish. I use maps also to find spot also. I been looking a "bing" and there is a setting called bird's eye view. works good

11. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    the holes are measuring 18ft wide by the way.

12. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    when the picture was taken they were on the water line. they didn't look that big but it looks like it is a sand/gravel bar. i bet it's under water now. the deep of the hole might factor in also.

13. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    yea this is right by the chesterfield bridge lol usually all u see is the trees poking out the water. just thought those holes were a lil odd.

14. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We start seeing rock good around 14 ft. Ya just gota check your area it might show @ 14ft or as low as 10ft

15. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    ok well the water is around 16ft and we went out lastnight and the dikes were about a foot and a half out of the water.

16. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats cool, still way to high down here to see the dikes. :angry: Did you fish?

Were only able to fish open water down here, went out Thursday, and only managed 1, 5lb channel on cut sucker fish.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  17. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    got on the river around 3ish and my bro ended up getting his personal best of 13lbs. we were fishing off a dike with frozen shad.