help please.

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by montgomery#1, Mar 18, 2008.

1. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    i need some help if any body knows how to catch carp in really small ponds

2. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bow fishing outfit, doeballs,worms,spear.

4. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    try and chum the area with some corn and then cast right in the middle of it.i think it also depends on what kind of carp they are. i know of a pond that is full of {grass carp so they have been called} and i can't get them things to bite for nothing. dough baits can work really good also.

5. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    cant chum or use corn. they even outlawed having shad in utah. the fish and game are great bid idiots. they say that the gizzard shad is an endangered species. there thick as flys on a bulls @ss in any body of water they are found.
    well thanks for the information.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Bow fishing for carp is very fun . Or a strawberry flavor dough bait or vanilla . corn is the best here but it is banned also .

7. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Red stick baits, and a match!!!! only kidding, I've always used corn, hard to beleive it illegal....

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    what kind of fish is that:crazy:

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    what kind of fish is them:crazy:

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    feed the ducks. ducks like bread and popcorn. (so do carp) :wink:
    gary

11. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    What you probably need to do is go to your local costume supply house and have them rig up a female carp suit. Now, just because your carp maybe triploid doesn't mean that they still won't be attracted to a female carp a la Carmen Miranda dance routine.

Next, you head down to the pond and shake your scales for all they are worth. Do the most seductive carp dance you can think of. Then, when all the other carp come to investigate, *POW* you blast them with your .45 pistol. I don't go fishing without mine.

But seriously, carp can be trained like pavlov's dogs. Just try and feed them at the same time each day for a couple weeks with koi food or whatever you can find at the farm supply store. Then, they will respond and come to the surface to devour the chunks whenever you are there. When they do, either have a hook waiting in one of them for the fish, or just try what other members suggest and bowfish them.

Easy, greasy, Japanese-y.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know too much about carp fishing. I would recommend using some type of dough ball on the shallow side of deep holes at night.

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome boc you can use dough balls should work

14. Jambal

Jambal New Member

State:
    Overseas - Indonesia
    Have you ever try using other than corn as dough base such as potato or bread, fish food in the form of pellet? Are they also banned? If not, then try to make one using them as base with some scents (vanilla + banana - dominant mixture and shrimp or tuna - just a few drops). Works well in my country and catching carp in a small pond is very easy. Let me know how it goes.

15. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Thanks Reza ill have to try it. ill let you know if it works.

16. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    If there are no rangers around i would go for the corn...................................................................................... or, you could go with a dough ball. Google up some doughbait recipes and go fishing. dont use lead by th way because you may scare the fish away.

17. Jambal

Jambal New Member

State:
    Overseas - Indonesia
    Leader can still be used but use of the fluorocarbon type and if you use sinkers, make sure you give 5 - 10 cm room for the line to move (between two stoppers - in my country it is called 'bumper'). That way when a big carp is swallowing the bait, it won't be allerted by the weight of the sinker. This is for the bottom fishing technique.

Try to use thinner line to beat the big carp ... it is kinda challenge for anglers in my country to use line of 4-10lb size to catch 20-30lb carp. Play around with the fish, set the drag level of your reel down, and ..... let the game begin!:smile2:

18. clintok

clintok New Member

State:
    oklahome
    get your self a big cage make it to where they cant get out when they come in and dog food and dump it in there, most of the time that will work. Good luck!:smile2:

19. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    well whatever method you use. When approachin the pond be real careful and step soft. I cant even tell ya how many nice carp i have spooked by thumpin up to the bank and droppin twenty pounds of tackle on the ground. Good luck.

20. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Try the Ole Favorite, chum with Canned Corn on the side of the pond that may have any type of flow,"Seasonal, high water, or plain old man made", and bait with Corn and let her rip.

If no flow, fish the opposite side of the pond that the wind generally may blow in, that may wash up any favorites and collect these meals for Mr. Carp ...

Missing all of the above, chum and fish any areas that are vegetated...