Help Please!! Which unit?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by OHFishmanB, Sep 23, 2008.

1. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey guys, need your opinion on which unit to get. I’m looking to spend less than $500, hopefully closer to $400. I will be fishing mostly the Ohio River, so I want the most power possible preferably with GPS and color. The units I am looking at is the Lowrance X510C, X135, and the Humminbird 777c2. I’m leaning toward the 777c2 simply because the chart plotter. Any recommendations which model to get? If there is another you would recommend that I didn’t list, let me know.

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    no help here brother, im in the same boat waiting on someone that has done the extensive research on all the units that i do not want to do, and i found that the sales reps on these units at say like bass pro shop, annoy the hell out of me and end up just driving me off with some of their ignornce so, i'm sure it's alot of work finding the one you want

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i run the x135 i dont have the gps with it but am very happy with the unit but my next one will be colar finder
    if i was you i would not go under 4000 watts an 480/480 pix this is what the x135 has an if you are in to drift fishing you can see your line in the water with the 4000 watts

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have a 480 m lowrance used twice with gps ill sell you for 400.00

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    those units are too costly for me! Good luck and make sure you write a good report on the unit you decide on