Help Please very urgent

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by quadrunner42029, Jun 1, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    the fish i caught a blue we estimated at 50 i think hes a lil bigger than that we measure him at 43 inches long and 36 inches girth right behind the fin on the back and using the saltwater calculator (girthxgirthxlength/800= comes to 69.66 lbs im just not sure if thats right but i believe strongly hes over fifty now anyone got a better formula? i dont have a big scale right now and i could kick my own @ss for it. any help would be greatly appreciated heres the fish im referring to

2. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    the pic is on my profile

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/fishfreshwtcalc.html use catfish, large for class, double the estimate weight and you get a pretty close estimate. it would say your fish is 23.85 x 2 =47.7 pretty close to what your fish probally weights.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    my PB was 42" long x 36" igrth he weighed 43 lb. he had thrown up everything in his stomach so that was all fish. last 38 pound I caught had a 6 pounder partially sticking out his mouth so he only weighed 32 AFTER I REMOved the bait.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man my opinion is 50 pounds, my flathead was the same size, 50, brag about that fish bro, its not just big its a good shaped blue not all fat and bluberry, be proud of that, regardless of the weght, weghts not everything bro

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Very good fish. Now thats what I'm talking about. Congrats

8. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    Nice fish no matter what is weights at. I'm thinking 40 pounds plus. So it could be 50 pounds. Bigger than any catfish I have ever caught!:wink:

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice fish. I'd say just based on past experience it's 45-50.

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Rough guess, I'd say your around the 50 mark. I agree with Jake too, weight is only a number for bragging rights. Thats a heck of a nice fish anyway you look at it.

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    it sounds ridiculas, and i am but i fish becouse i like to not only bring them in and fight em, but i love and admire how preety they are and not in a girly way,there cool looking fish, i got plans on constucting a gient pool , to keep to 30 or 40 pound ble and flat