"Help Please" (LoL)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by shania, Dec 22, 2008.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hello Everyone & Happy Holidays To You All, :big_smile:

I got a question for you that I know you all can help me out with + I was curious about it:
    :0a14:

You know that Shania :0010:, (my Granddaughter) has a Birthday coming up on Tuesday Dec. 23 and I know that a lot of you out there have love ones that has Birthdays near or on Chistmas day.

So my question to you is, when it come down to gift giving how do you Handel that?
    (Now remember Shania will only be turing 5)
    :eek:oooh:

Take Care & Happy Holiday Season,
    Bert:cool2: (Shania:0010:)

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well bert at her age i would probly make it spechal for her my grandfathers bday was on chritmas day and i always thawt he got riped off lol

3. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    If she was born on Christmas day at her age she might not necessarily realize the difference but if it means more presents I'm sure she will not object. lol. If it's close to but not on Christmas day I'd think a regular birthday party with cake and evryone there oohing and ahhing over the baby would send the right message to her.
    Little ones realize Christmas is all good and they figure out real quick the center of attention is the tree and gifts. On her birthday she is the center of attention, as well she should be and I think even though she's 5 she will understand.

By the way MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

MAY THE NEW YEAR PROVIDE US ALL WITH UNEXPECTED JOY'S AND BIGGER CATFISH TO CATCH!! CIAO'

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    My birthday is VERY near Christmas, too and I have to admit as a kid I always felt cheated on that. Never seems like anything is a birthday present. :/ and really still don't.

Most don't even remember it, since it's Christmastime, or it's "here's your Christmas and Birthday presents" given to me on or around Christmas gift giving time...

Whatever you get her, make sure it's identifiable as BD present! No christmas wrappings! You could make a birthday cake for her and would be nice to have the family together to have a little birthday cake and ice cream together and let her open whatever she got. Doesn't have to be a big deal, Just something that she knows is her BD not just another Christmas present. Let her have a few friends over to watch a movie, maybe just one or 2 if you don't want to have a party-- thats okay--alot of people leave for other places to be with family around that time.

I know as a child not getting anything on my birthday because people made one present at christmas into 2 or getting 2 presents ON Christmas was no fun for me when my fall and spring and summer born siblings had parties with tons of people and fun and presents and all. As an adult, it doesn't matter anymore, but then it did!

5. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i would love to help but the longer i think about it, the more confused i get, now i see your delema. that is a tough one:eek:oooh:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Celebrate her birthday on the 23 rd and Christmas on the 25th. She is special and should be made to feel so on both days. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My 10 yr. old grandsons birthday is on Dec. 23 we celebrate his birthday on the 23rd Presents calls just like the rest of the grandkids on theirs then he gets his Christmas presents on Christmas

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I'll have to agree with Greg and Cher on their posts.It is an important day for the young lady.I know Bert you'll do everything in your power to make it Special just for her. Happy Birthday Shania!! :009::009: Girl you sure are growing up fast. MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU and Grandpa & family.

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that sounds like a plan, thats how i would handle it:big_smile:

10. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Well here is what my mom did.She had 4 boys all between Dec 12 and Jan 19.
    We were always hard pressed for money at that time of the year.When we were younger we got a couple presents and a small party if we were lucky.After we were all around 10 or so she just explained to us that we were only going to get a birthday cake and a small party.

So In My Opinion I would make her feel special while she is young and it means something to her,then as she start getting towards the teen or tween years as they call it now explain about the financial side of Christmas and Birthdays (this may or may not be a problem) and the rush and business of the season also,and that her birthday is still just as special to you and her whether she gets presents then or waits a couple days and gets a couple extra ones maybe.

By that time you may even be able to convince her to pick a date during a warmer month to be able to have nice outside parties or pool parties and let this assigned day be her celebration day and make it as good as you can for her.The main thing is she should feel special cause you will only be able to do it for her so many years before she wants to go out with friends instead :crazy:

Just my 2 cents.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to the Shania.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bert,My daughter Katelyn's birthday is on the 19th and we wrap and place her birthday presents and place them under the tree ,just like the Christmas presents. The exception being ,She has two piles and the birthday gifts are opened on the 19th the rest on the 25th.

12. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Normally with my son he gets a few more items in the middle of the year.This year he got the big present Xbox 360 first and all the minor for Christmas.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well brother...my oldest son's birthday is on the 18th. So every year we have always tried to not over do it and save something for Christmas so he can enjoy it as much as the other kids. It never works out that way. Only thing I can tell ya is that if you can...just spoil the heck out her. She's your grandbaby!