HELP Paypal is scamming me!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chuckb, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    To make a long story short, I ordered a tranny for my truck online. I used paypal to pay for it as I thought this would be the safest way?? This was Monday. An hour later I get an e-mail from paypal saying my money was being refunded (pending) next to it. I have been trying to get the money back in my account ever since!:crying: Below is what it shows on my paypal account.

Date Type Status Details Amount
    Mar. 6, 2006 Payment To mid city auto salvage Completed Details -$595.00 USD

Related Transactions
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    Mar. 6, 2006 Transfer From Bank Account Completed Details $595.00 USD
    Mar. 6, 2006 Refund From mid city auto salvage Removed ... $595.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Name:
    mid city auto salvage
    Email:
    parts@midcityautosalvage.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.midcityautosalvage.com
    Customer Service Email: callforcents@yahoo.com
    Customer Service Phone: 414-263-5100

Total Amount:
    $595.00 USD

Date:
    Mar. 6, 2006
    Time:
    12:11:20 PST
    Removed

Note:
    sorry a new policy went into affect as of today we no longer accept paypal.
    please call 800-263-8803 for other payment alternatives

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i had an experience not long ago with them , be paitent. i had a fella pay me with paypal for a reel and i had decided to make other arrangments for it and sent him an immed 100% refund the day he payed me.
    then after 20 days his wife didn't know that i rafunded him via paypal and didn't see it on the credit card statement so she without talking to him first did a charge back on the cc. so paypal was showing a -$24.50 on my acct. i e-mailed him saying in lighter terms "what do ya want your $ back twice?" so i e-mailed paypal and told them to check my records cause it showed a same day refund. didn't matter. it took almost a month for it to be resolved. but the fella also told me and paypal of the mistake. it still took 30 days.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    This money may be in your paypal account. You have to tell paypal to transfer it back into your checking account. Might take 7 days. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then I hope someone can help ya out. Knock on wood....... I've had great luck using paypal.

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    this sort of thing has happened to me too chuck.
    like todd said it is more than likely in your paypal account and you will have to request transfer to your checking account or it will sit there.
    it will be there indefenently you can buy something off ebay that is more than that amount and it will take that ammount and whatever the remainder needed out of your checking account to make up the difference.
    you have to go to paypal and then go to your accounts .
    i will go to my paypal and get the steps needed for you to check this out.

go to your paypal account and look at the top for withdraw clic withdraw and transfer funds to your checking account is your first choice .
    hope that helps

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    pay pal sucks . i would already have a new B.O.C.hat if i could get along with pay pal.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Agree Chuck, it is probably in your Paypal account. You have to be verified to get it back into your checking account I think. Not sure, been a while since I used it daily. Used it alot on Ebay and never had a problem.

7. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    a friend brought it to my attention about a year ago, but paypal usually pays a higher interest rate than your checking or savings account. If the money is in paypal check this out and compare the interest rate. If paypal is better let it ride and reap the higher rate, but you need to check it out as paypal changes constantly on its rates.

8. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Well thanks for all your help guys but let me give a strong warning to everybody! I just got off the phone with a live person at paypal ( after staying on hold for 45 minutes) and it seems the place that I paid does not have the funds in the bank to refund my $$ so there is nothing else paypal can or will do!! I have always tried to buy from people that had paypal because I thought it was safe. Apparently not!! Now I am out 595$$ :0a6:

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Chuck, sorry to hear about that. Paypal should have some sort of protection, I dont understand why they say they can not do anything about it. I bought something with Paypal once, the person never sent the item. Paypal went after them and I got my money refunded to me. Took 2 months, but I got it. Hopefully something will work out for ya.

10. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    Man... that is rediculous... Have you called the seller and gave them an earfull yet ? How can they say they don't accept paypal anymore and still take your money ? Raise some hell, see what happens

11. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Chuck: I feel your pain. However in defense of PayPay there is nothing they can do in the face of scams, fraud or unethical people. Ask yourself what would your local bank do if you cashed a check from someone and that account had insufficient funds. Doesn't the bank return the check to you and tell you to collect the money the best way you can? It sounds to me like that is what PayPal is doing.

You can and should contact the District Attorney in the location of the Seller and file charges against them. You certainly have records indicating that you double paid the individual and that he has defrauded you of your money.

12. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee

The difference between the bank and paypal is that they advertise as the safest way to pay and then don't back it up. At least at the bank you know what you are getting into. Plus I can call my bank and speak with a person to file a claim in 5 minutes. With paypal the Government had to step in for them to even give us an undermanned phone number.

13. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Does anyone on the BOC know anything about this company??
    Mid-City Auto Salvage 2431 N. 30 Street
    Milwaukee, WI 53210

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    for 600 bucks i think i'd take me a trip to milwaukee:mad:

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The safest way to pay for anything is with a credit card but small sellers usually don't accept credit cards. I only use Paypal when I have no choice or when I'm selling something.

17. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Chuck, this is very bad news Sir. I sure hope ya are able to get your money back. All this time, I've had a false feelin' of being protected with paypal. I guess I better do some research on them a holes........ I can't understand how they can take your money and then say they do not except paypal any more:confused: ....... Seems Paypal should help ya get your money back....

18. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    If you used a credit card to pay through paypal, then all you have to do is contact that card company and dispute the charges. Forget about paypal helping you. Just file directly with the credit card company. If you used a debit card or bank transfer, then you're probably out of luck.

When paying through paypal, always pay only with a credit card and you're safe.

19. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Dont know anything about them.
    They appear to have alot of unhappy customers.
    I hate to see people get ripped off....
    I cant get verification on info,

Public Info:

Mr. Ed Talyanski - President (Listed)
    Home Info
    930 E Wabash Pl (unverified)
    Milwaukee, WI 53217-2451 (unverified)
    (414) 352-5137 (unverified)

Mr. Alfred Talyanski - Vice President (Listed)
    Email address used: callforcents@yahoo.com
    Home Info
    None Recorded

Shaun Brayden
    POSSIBLE Home Info
    Racine, WI 53403 (Unverified)
    (262) 898-8283 (Unverified)

20. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Now Chuck there is some info ya can really use !!!!!!!!