help out this winter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Nov 8, 2005.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    As we all know and some already feeling it, winter is on it's way.
    One thing I'd like to suggest is to keep a special eye out for your "fixed income" neighbors and friends this winter.
    heating oil, natural gas propane and electricity will be at an all time high this time. I know many fixed income peoples are already feeling the strain.
    keep a check on these people this winter. A lot may have to choose between buying food and meds and paying for higher heating bills.
    I always try to "practice what I preach" so to speak,so, I'll be looking around here for someone to give some firewood to. I have more than I'll use since it's not my primary source of heat.
    Keep these people in mind as you go to your thermostat.As you turn yours up, they may just have to turn theirs down.
    North Carolina has issued a one time payout for lower income people to help with rising fuel costs. the sad part is that it's a one time thing and it'll probably just as all to often,go to the ones who don't really need it.
    Most of these people who will need the help are seniors. They've pulled their time.This should be their golden years. lets all try and help at least make it a sowhat warmer one.
    Thanks.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Very good post and great info there brother. I have already given 2 cords of fire wood cut and split to a older couple here and as soon as my stitches come out I am going to cut some more for another lady. I will do what I can, as I pray that when I am in that way some one will do it for me.

3. sassafrass

sassafrass New Member

State:
    Big Flat AR.
    Some of the local saw mills here have a stock pile of slabs that they will cut into firplace or wood stove size. They usally charge twenty five dollers to due this but I know of one that will do it for free if someone will deliver it to the olderly. I have already got my trailer hooked up to the truck and plan on going in ta get some tomorrow.

The folks around here are mostly family so we don't worry near as much as some places do. As our elderly are usualy taken care of but some do not get around to it till it gets cold enough ta need it.

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Keith, you are a very caring person and we appreciate you. May The Lord richly bless you and others for thinking of the less fortunate.

5. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Great post!!! Its also times like these to start thinking about your local food pantry. They need all the help we can give them during the holliday season!

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jim, i know you did brother.
    theres many here you do things like this,it's been shown so many times in the past.
    We argue like evil twins sometimes,but, when it comes down to brass tacks, we'll always pull together and as indivuals to help others.
    Thank you all for posting.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    like me, lol.

no i have a good one though. last night i ran out of propane. no heat , no hot water. called my grandma to see if she knew anything about it cause the account got messed up by the gas co. heres what happened.

they received like clockwork a 60 check ever month. my acct # was written on the checks. they somehow started an acct in my grandfathers name.??? :confused: not sure why. im 31 and they have never used propane since i have been alive. so this new acct that shouldn't exist racks up unused funds while i get a $375 past due letter. my garandma called them to ask why i was past due. then found that ken rich had $600.00 credit. lol.

so it was all transfered back to my acct and a letter was sent saying i had $600 credit no payment nessessary.

i was on a locked $60 a month keep full plan. in the proccess of them screwing up since i was past due (but not really) they took me off the keep full and put my acct to call them basis. they told my grandma that it was all straightened out. then poof. i ran out of gas.

i called the 888# and "ken" told me that yep i was not on a keep full. i asked who autherized it. they did since i was past due in feb. i explained the mistake they had made and got real verbal. he said ya it looked as if there misatke caused it. he said whats your callback# and ill see what i can do.

45min later i called back. the woman whom i explained it all to again said "ken" was on lunch so she couldn't verfy i spoke with him. they couldn't get me gas or they would have to charge me an "emergency fill" charge. :cursing: even after i said its because you co screwed up and ya want me to have to pay for it?? yep. and she couldn't guarentee me getting gas today. you got to be kidding. any how i said i cant guarentee youll be giving me service in the future and broke her ear drum with the hang up.

so they have $600 and i have no gas heat or hot water. as soon as i do someone is gonna be in it (the hot water). wish me luck. im going to the office to vent a bit and possibly threaten with a law suit if my tank isn't filled immed or a refund of my $600. i have had to miss work, the kid took a cool bath last night and my wife had to leave early to shower at her mothers. :mad: :mad: :cursing:

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Ya know Kieth,

For a guy who hates rep points you sure do write enough good stuf to earn a heckova lot of it.

GREAT POST.

5 stars.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    by the way keith. good post. i was so angry with the gas co i forgot to finish my post above. :D