Help out a fellow member

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigblaze, May 12, 2006.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey fellow NC brothers and sisters just got off the phone with Joe Reynolds (joe0850).

His shed just caught on fire and burned to the ground... he lost everything and received second and third degree burns on his hands when he went back in trying to rescue his tackle.

Apparently he had a propane tank with the gas on and a possible spark from a fan ignited the propane.....

He needs anybody that might have seen his fishing equipment including molds, pots and rods reels and tackle to help verify the amount ($$$$$) so he can submit an insurance claim.....

2. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    joe is a good guy. i wish him the best. i have no idea about his stuff, it was a lot of gear.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Joe is a great guy, he once just gave me like 15lbs of sinkers and eels on my first trip to the cape fear. As for remembering what he had, I vaguely remember stuff, I know he had a lot in there, lead smelters, molds, enough sinkers to bog down a dump truck, lol, a couple 9/0 senators with rods with roller guides. Lots of other ocean rods and reels. Tons of terminal tackle, its hard to put a price on all the stuff without some pictures of it, I hope you took some Joe. Well I wish you the best with all of this. Jason

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I never had to worry about terminal tackle when I fished with Joe

Joe even drew a map of the holes to fish below the dam, he is a good guy and i wish him the best of luck trying to recover from this ordeal...

i know he had some expensive rods and just his luck he usually kept all his stuff outside and low and behold he puts inside to protect it and a fire happens talk about dumb luck...

5. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thankx all for your prayer. the fire started from a faulty gas vavle. from what the fire marshall said. the fan spark set it all off. i feel so bad about it too. not only was my stuff in the so was my grandfathers and he is 94. i did just thecsheet for molds last night ad came up with like over $ 2200 lost. not includeing what was molded and going to people. than all my eel pots and every rod i had but 2 small ones. and all my reels are no gone but for 3. but at least i didnt lose my life. i do have 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my hands and arms but am alive. i got them from pushing my pier cart away from the heat of the fire but it was to late. the insurance guy should be here monday and i hope he dosent jerk me around. and this thing goes easy. butvas they say that if it wasnt for bad luck i wouldnt have any. and to think i was going to do fish off too. well maybe next year.

6. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    glad to hear that you are ok... the insurance will only give you a piece of what you had invested in your equipment... they like to depreciate it. i had some things stolen from my garage and i had reciepts for like $3000, and some things that were gifts.. for a total of about $5000 for everything and they only gave me $3100. some of the things were not replacable.. like a leonard fly rod that was custom made for my grandfather that was got appraised for $2800.. you know what i got, $1100... talk about a rip off.... just make sure you find as many reciepts as possible.... good luck...

ed

7. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    joe sorry to hear about the fire next time we fish i will let you use ol purple or the zebco you like so much good luck with the insurance they are worse than a used car salesman.:sad2:

8. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    Im really sorry to hear that.Im glad u are going to be ok.hope everything works out ok with the insurance.

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Joe, tell me what kind of letter you need....

I will do what I can for you....

10. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i need one that states what type of rods you saw that me and grandpa had and the amount of tackle in a dollar amount. along with the saftey issues in shed . that this was an accident and you dont believe we set a fire on purpose. add a charcter thing. ok. thankx

11. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I will type up something and send it via my work e-mail as an attachment (that way you can download and print it...)

12. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    i'm sorry to hear about that joe, i wish i had paid more attention when i was there, wish i could have been some help, we'll be thinkin about ya, good luck man

13. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Joe, give us an update on what's going on with the insurance????

14. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i got all my estimates and everything this week together. a lot fo stuff can never be replaced since it was so old and cant be renade. the guy ho did my shrak rod died this year and a custom rod i red drum fish he did is now unreplaceable. but otherwise the total for my stuff was close to 15000. i am not sure what grandpas will be. but the insurance company is trying to work with us so far. my hands are a lot better and i am now back to work. hopefully in the next month i will be back to fishing and makeing weights again. thankx for aasking and being a great freind