Help on the James River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by philg427, Sep 11, 2006.

1. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Hi there guys, I live in the MD & DC area and have been fishing the Potomac with good results would like to learn a little about the James. I need to know what areas of the river to fish not specifics holes or anything like that but would like to know which ramps to put in at and which way to travel on river up or south. Directions from 95 if possible. How far north and how far south is everybody fishing just general knowledge stuff. I have a 16 foot Grizzly jon boat with a 25 hp on it. So the weather has to be fairly good, as in the big parts of the river can it get pretty nasty I know. I also would be willing to trade trips sometime. You can PM information.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I don't know a lot about it yet but plan on changing that this year, got a guide like a week ago and had fun. He puts in at "Jordan Point" in the hopewell area of VA, and doesn't go far from the boat ramp at all, basically straight out. Wish I could help more.

3. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    thanks for the info. If you ever up in the MD or DC area let me know!

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    No problem, I get in the DC area every now and then.

I plan on fishing the James River myself a lot soon, I will let you know what I discover, from what I saw from the one trip it sure is a great river.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Phil all the info you can want is in the BOC library or the Virginia Threads in the state forum.Go to the top of this page and open the Virginia rivers thread and help yourself.:big_smile: :smile2:

6. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    thanx jim for the assistance but could not find anything in the libray about the james, unless it has moved went into the tale of contents.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to the top of the page and hit the search button and type in James River or go to the State Threads under Virginia Rivers.You will find more than you want.:big_smile: :lol:

8. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Thanx for the info, Found it!!!! Jim if you ever get up to the DC way would love to have you join me for a Day Maybe I'll see you on the James!

Thanks for the Info :lol: :big_smile: :smile2: