Help on Parr Shoals

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by recatfish, Feb 13, 2006.

1. recatfish

recatfish New Member

State:
    north carolina
    went to parr shoals this past weekend it was so windy could not fish so we decided to go check out monticello looked great what i need to know can you camp beside one of the sheds at the boat ramp plus any advice on where and how to fish the lake would be a great help thanks

2. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    hi there , i believe they have a sign up at the landing that says nooooo camping there

3. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

there's primitive camping only if we're talking about the same ramp.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    You can camp on the island most of the year but there is a sign that says when you can't camp on the island.

5. lovetocatchcats

lovetocatchcats New Member

State:
    NC
    Can you primitive camp other parts of this lake? use to love to take my kids where knowone else is around to teach them how it use to be . Also so nice to to wake up and not have any commotion around sometimes! Seems all the lakes around here (Fayetteville,NC) have stoped this now.

6. recatfish

recatfish New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Looks like just the places marked for camping on monticello.But i do know of a couple of lakes that offer just the kind of camping you are talking about in my home area[asheville nc] the lakes are fontana an santelah fishing not bad either.